What's new

So I documented my family vacation...

rynorod32

Reaction score
...with my IP4 and edited it via iMovie. When you guys get a chance, please check out the videos and tell me what you think in general. I'd really appreciate the comments about the quality. I did this all on my iPhone.

I didn't feel like lugging around my camcorder & digital camera during the trip. I left that responsibility to my wife ;). I love how iMovie "Geo-tags" the clips when I use the travel setting.

Below are the links broken down to 3 parts: 1. Tahoe/Reno, 2. Sea World, San Diego 3. Disneyland/California Adventures, Anaheim.

PtI: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsesWOlRrnA"]YouTube - Mainland trip ptI 06mar11[/ame]
PtII: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSOmxLSsk-o"]YouTube - Mainland trip ptII 08mar11[/ame]
PtIII: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84pKvTZiD88"]YouTube - Mainland trip ptIII 10mar11[/ame]

My family and I are fortunate enough to live local to Disneyland. My 2 year old daughter loves it there!

I enjoyed your videos.

Here is one I just made in March as well. How funny would it be if we were there the same day. This was also shot and edited with the iPhone 4.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ei1DVKYcGE"]YouTube - Makaylin's Trip to Disneyland, Age 2 *HD*[/ame]

thank you for sharing your videos! very nice quality and it sure looks like you guys had a great time :)

You guys did a fantastic job with the videos. It's amazing that you did all that with iMovie. I tried to use iMovie and didn't have much luck.

Anyway, I am on a commuter bus right now while viewing the videos. I'm on a 3G connection, not wifi. The movies look pretty grainy. I'm thinking this is because of my connection ?

When I had a Droid there was an option for me to download YouTube vides in hd. I really miss that option with the iPhone as most vids I look at on YouTube are choppy and grainy unless connected to wifi.

you can have the same option if you jb... you shouldent have to jb to get those options but apple is late catching up.. connection wouldent make a difference but play it when you get on a computer you will see how good they are

You guys must have spend hours making up those videos, the feeling of making videos are coming back after seeing yours. iMovie is good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My family and I are fortunate enough to live local to Disneyland. My 2 year old daughter loves it there!

I enjoyed your videos.

Here is one I just made in March as well. How funny would it be if we were there the same day. This was also shot and edited with the iPhone 4.

YouTube - Makaylin's Trip to Disneyland, Age 2 *HD*

Sweet video. That would've been crazy if we were there at the same time. My son and I was watching your video and he says out of the blue "Hey Daddy, is that us in the back?" I had to rewind your video just to make sure lol. Sure enough it wasn't us ;)

You guys must have spend hours making up those videos, the feeling of making videos are coming back after seeing yours. iMovie is good.

====================
Believe it or not, it didn't take that long to edit and post the videos I made. I'm so glad it doesn't take that long. The great thing about the iPhone/iMovie is that as soon as the trip is done, you can instantly share the videos with friends/family. Instead of waiting days or weeks later to post them... And yes, iMovie is good ;).

i downloaded yourtube and yourtube2. neither of them worked. it would download the videos, then was unable to play them.

i downloaded yourtube and yourtube2. neither of them worked. it would download the videos, then was unable to play them.

Yeah they are not working with the latest iOS, but u can download ifile and find the download file in yourtube folder.

:) We really love it there. My wife and I have annual passes, so sometimes we take it for granted how fortunate we are. We like to go and meet new people from all over the world. We were starting to actually get quite bored with Disneyland, until my daughter became old enough to understand whats going on there and really enjoy it. She's really brought new joy and excitement to Disneyland for us.

And as for the power of the iPhone, I used to lug my Canon 5D Mk2 around with me to take videos, but now, I never use it anymore due to the power and portability of the iphone. Sure, the canon takes much better quality, but I really enjoy using the iphone more. I am a Verizon customer and had a Droid and really used the camera to justify my switch, and have never been happier.

I enjoyed your videos.

YouTube - Makaylin's Trip to Disneyland, Age 2 *HD*

Sweet video. That would've been crazy if we were there at the same time. My son and I was watching your video and he says out of the blue "Hey Daddy, is that us in the back?" I had to rewind your video just to make sure lol. Sure enough it wasn't us ;)