What's new

Any Sprint users here?

Been on Sprint approximately 13 yrs, and so far the iPhone 4s is working out fine. Also they offer great discounts depending on your employer, so anyone switching to Sprint be sure to ask about corporate discounts.

Been on Sprint approximately 13 yrs, and so far the iPhone 4s is working out fine. Also they offer great discounts depending on your employer, so anyone switching to Sprint be sure to ask about corporate discounts.

The discount my wife gets (25%) is the only reason we stay. The unlimited data can be just that since their 3G is so damn slow. All my friends in the same area with AT&T and Verizon consistantly get 2-5times faster 3G than I do on Sprint.

The discount my wife gets (25%) is the only reason we stay. The unlimited data can be just that since their 3G is so damn slow. All my friends in the same area with AT&T and Verizon consistantly get 2-5times faster 3G than I do on Sprint.

Yea I agree I just got off the phone with sprint I was complaining about my internet speed its crazy slow. If im browsing the internet its ok but as soon as i go to watch a youtube video or anything it takes 15 mins to load a 2 min video. Im seriously considering returning my phone tomorrow before my 14 day grace period is over.

Don't feel bad regarding the slow downloading of YouTube videos on Sprint. I have the same problem on AT&T (YouTube videos are very slow on Wifi). Note: whenever I switch back to 3G, YouTube videos download at normal speed.

It must have something to do with slow Wifi speeds in public places, e.g., StarBucks etc.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Thanks.

Kind Regards.

billmugan said:
Don't feel bad regarding the slow downloading of YouTube videos on Sprint. I have the same problem on AT&T (YouTube videos are very slow on Wifi). Note: whenever I switch back to 3G, YouTube videos download at normal speed.

It must have something to do with slow Wifi speeds in public places, e.g., StarBucks etc.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Thanks.

Kind Regards.

YouTube videos are never consistent. I've experienced the same problem using wifi. Turn it off and go back to 3G and it works. Not sure where the fault lies but i don't think you can reliably determine speeds using YouTube as an example.

True. I've had problems in my iPad with speed tests over 25 MB/s! YouTube is definitely not a good gauge. Download the speedtest app.

I just ordered my Sprint iPhone 4 today. I am super excited to get it. I've wanted an iPhone since the 3G, but never wanted to switch to AT&T as they're overpriced and don't get great reception in my area. When the iPhone 4 came to Verizon, I was about to switch, but made the stupid choice of getting the G2 with T-Mobile instead. Now that the iPhone is with Sprint, the carrier that I had originally, I quickly ordered it. Who would pass up on unlimited text & data for $80 a month?

I have the iphone 4s on sprint. In my family we all share the 1500 everything data plan. unlimited everthing(text, picture, internet, etc unlimited calls cell to any cell ) except calls to landlines which is where the 1500 comes in, which we never use more than a few hundred of the 1500 a month. It is truly unliminted, We can watch netflix on all our phones. 5 phones on plan all android except my iphone. It comes out to 52 bucks unlimited to each person. I can't complain about sprint at all...

I have been with Sprint for over 10 yrs. I have had great service. Just got the iPhone 4 and LOVE it! Had an Android phone which had to be replaced 6 times! It was well worth the wait to get an iPhone with Sprint and the unlimited "Everything plan".

Can anyone tell me how the iPhone 4s is on sprint? I have Verizon and I'm switching to sprint cause the whole unlimited data plan, but would that be a smart move?

I dunno - I left Verizon in order to get unthrottled and unlimited data at a good price. I got that, and I am happy... About THAT.

The problem is, Sprints network is SLOOOOOOOWWWWW! It's slow nationwide. Compared to Verizon, sprint speeds are pathetic. What's worse is most sprint employees are either clueless about this or they are downright lying about it - as very few of them will admit to the slow speeds.

So u will get unlimited data, u will save money - but u WILL have very slow data speeds over 3G.

Take care,
Rob

txcybermom said:
I have been with Sprint for over 10 yrs. I have had great service. Just got the iPhone 4 and LOVE it! Had an Android phone which had to be replaced 6 times! It was well worth the wait to get an iPhone with Sprint and the unlimited "Everything plan".

Yes, it was worth the wait!

damien112009 said:
Can anyone tell me how the iPhone 4s is on sprint? I have Verizon and I'm switching to sprint cause the whole unlimited data plan, but would that be a smart move?

No way to answer that accurately. You need to talk with other people who have Sprint in your area. People can tell you its great or bad and both be correct depending on where they live.
As for me Sprint is a good carrier. I like their customer service, work discounts are great, and in the areas I travel my service is good.