What's new

Any Sprint users here?

Can't wait I hope they don't change their unlimited plans in the future

vee1985 said:
Can't wait I hope they don't change their unlimited plans in the future

Ps I've been with sprint since I was a junior in high school

I have never had an iPhone and will give it a try in December when I can upgrade. Going from the EVO 4G to the iPhone 4gs we be weird. I like the Android platform and the "open nature" of the OS. I do like the EVO's huge screen and the screen quality. Will miss the kick stand and the HDMI which I used along side a mirrored app. However, I am not really hesitant in making the change!

flcusat said:
I've been contemplating to move from the EVO to the new iPhone now that it is coming to Sprint. The battery consumption on the EVO is really an issue even with Juice Defender and killing most of the apps that drain the battery. In the other hand I'm not sure if I could live with the smaller screen.
I was also contemplating to get an after market extended battery for the EVO. I'll play tomorrow with one iPhone 4 from a co-worker and I might make a decision afterwards.

Have the Evo on Sprint and the iPhone with AT&T....I don't ever use the Evo now and have had the number forwarded to my iPhone for months now...iPhone just works....Evo requires too much friggen tinkering...it's fun for a while but at the end of the day I just need it to do things without having to manage the phone with juice defender, task killers etc...

By the way...former crack berry power user here...HEAVY business use and the iPhone even with it's virtual keyboard is a great power tool for me...wish it did have swipe though because that's pretty cool and would be a great addition to the iPhone..

All that to say...cant wait for Oct 14th....getting the 4S on Sprint for unlimited data which all signs point to them keeping....

I have been with Sprint for going on 8 years now give or take and I have been very pleased with them. Yes the speed on the 3 G depending on where you are is slow compared to AT&T and similar (direct side by side comparison in various cell phone stores using the speedtest.net apps) but it has always had signal for me except when deep inside large buildings.

Sprint offers unlimited data for the all smart phones as of right now and has committed to it for the iPhone. They have cancelled the sprint premier program and other programs to keep unlimited data. Which has ruffled a few feathers for current users who liked getting the once a year phone upgrades and such premier allowed.

Sprint states they charge an extra $10 dollars a month for smartphones on any plan. This means the $69.99 plan is actually $79.99 plus applicable taxes. However with my current plan it works out like this. (I have had my plan since before they instigated this new $10 dollar surcharge)

I have the everything data plan which gives me this on my LG Optimus S:
450 anytime minutes
Unlimited Data
Unlimited Texting
Free Roaming
450 anytime minutes
video mail
sprint tv
free telenav GPS
free nights and weekends starting at 7pm (for calling land lines)
free mobile to mobile to any mobile phone in the US.
voicemail etc.

for this I pay the following:
Everything Daya Plan $69.99
Total Equipment protection $4 insurance premium/ $4 service/repair
Spending limit program charge $4.99
Sprint surcharges $6.49
Government Taxes and Fees $7.55

For a total of $97.02

You can safely drop the 8 dollars a month for the equipment protection plan if you get the new applecare of course.

Hope this breakdown of my plan helps everyone out there thinking of switching to Sprint.

Keep trying to order the iPhone 4S but Sprint.com is down...and or I can't log in. I'm quite sure the gates are flooded....like it was for the EVO.

The website and customer service numbers were down but I finally got to order it around 11 ish

I was suppressed by the $10 premium data charge ontop of the an unlimited plan can somebody explain that to me

No on can really explain it...not even Sprint. They have come up with like six different reasons the are charging that. It was implemented like a year ago. Even with the ten bucks, Sprint still has the lowest priced plans around. You should look up with Sprint and see if the company you work for has discounts with them...they have a zillion company's they discount for. I, myself have a 27% discount on my $69 unlimited plan :)

Im a sprint customer. My phone has been shipped and will be here tomorrow before the end of the day. 32gb black iphone 4s. Im super pumped

No on can really explain it...not even Sprint. They have come up with like six different reasons the are charging that. It was implemented like a year ago. Even with the ten bucks, Sprint still has the lowest priced plans around. You should look up with Sprint and see if the company you work for has discounts with them...they have a zillion company's they discount for. I, myself have a 27% discount on my $69 unlimited plan :)
Who do you work for?

currently on att but going for sprint family plan unlimited for 129.99 a month plus $10 for each smart phone so 150-160 for 2 phones unlimited. well the calling to land lines is only like 700 or 900 minutes while mobile to any mobile is free.

att was a little cheaper but only had 4gb data, no text, and 700 mins. so that was a no no