What's new

Any reason to get wireless charger

hoben02

Reaction score
I asked about benefit of getting a wireless charger at the apple store and was told it doesn’t charge any faster then a cable so what benefit is there

I asked about benefit of getting a wireless charger at the apple store and was told it doesn’t charge any faster then a cable so what benefit is there
It can actually take longer to charge wirelessly. The reason people use it is for the convenience. There's no cord to plug in.

Last edited:
Far easier than plugging into the lightning connector. I would not do without it and can b e very cheap on line. Perhaps the only drawback is not really being able to use the phone easily while it is charging so I put ours on charge first thing in the morning.

As I have mentioned elsewhere, just make sure you hear the charging ‘bong’ when you sit the phone on the charger. It is easy to miss the charging spot, even though it is quite wide. Also just check the current requirement of the pad against your charger.

It's purely cosmetic.

Dunno if I'd classify as being far easier than physically plugging it in. If you're not in any hurry for a charge, a wireless pad is clean and convenient. If you're looking for a quick in and out, you're gonna want to tether.

I have them all around my house and at the office, it’s more of a convenience thing for me.

I don't know why I think they are not trustable.
I am not saying this by a source and it is only my feeling that charging the phone with cables will prolong the life of its battery comparing with wireless methods!:rolleyes::)

The current thinking by Apple in iOS 13 seems to be that when the phone (or iPad) is charged to around 80% on a normal charge, the last 20% should be a slow charge, and I believe the software can control this.
This is the reason I always use a wireless charger for my iPhone XR, as it’s a slower way to charge, and although I’m no expert, if Apple adopt it then so will I.

I know this is an old thread, but I recently replaced my iPhone 7 because the cable would not seat itself properly in the charging port.
The wire would slip out of the port and if it was seated properly and started charging, the wire would twist and slip out.
The new SE2 has wireless charging. So, all I have to do it set the phone on a charging cradle and it powers up.
No more wires, and no more internal damage to my phone.