What's new

iPhone-compatible wireless chargers in Starbucks coffee shops

ardchoille

Reaction score
Starbucks, in partnership with Duracell, is starting a nationwide rollout of a wireless charging system for smartphones. The system is powered by Duracell’s Powermat technology, which we reviewed last July. The program will place 100,000 of the Duracell chargers at specially-marked tables in each Starbucks location. Users would then be able to charge any phone using a compatible wireless charging system.

Source: 9to5Mac

I have noticed charging bays in many areas here in Michigan. It's not the wireless charging ones that is referred here, but the USB charge type. I first saw these at Commerica Park and than again at our local Mall. It seems to be popping up everywhere now. Seems to be very convenient for folks if their battery is on the verge of shutting down!

Thanks for sharing this Ard! :)

I have noticed charging bays in many areas here in Michigan. It's not the wireless charging ones that is referred here, but the USB charge type. I first saw these at Commerica Park and than again at our local Mall. It seems to be popping up everywhere now. Seems to be very convenient for folks if their battery is on the verge of shutting down!

Thanks for sharing this Ard! :)

You're welcome :)

Yeah, businesses are beginning to understand that, if you want customers to stay and spend money, you need to provide an incentive - and the biggest incentive is being device-friendly.

Last edited:
You're welcome :)

Yeah, businesses are beginning to understand that, if you want customers to stay and spend money, you need to provide an incentive - and the biggest incentive is being device-friendly.

You're right Ard. I was reading some things in the Disney Park website and they too also include these charging bay areas for guests. That's a huge change from the last time we went back in 2011!