What's new

Any experts on the stock "Clock" App?

kanderna

Reaction score
Probably a dumb question, but here's the scenario:

I have two alarms that I use frequently: One is set for weekdays at 5am, and the other is set for 6am weekdays. I toggle them on/off depending on which I want to use the following morning. This morning I had the 5am alarm set. It went off, I hit snooze a couple times. Eventually at 530 I decided to sleep in a bit. I opened the app, turned the 5am alarm off, and turned the 6am alarm on.

The 6am alarm never went off. Is this expected behavior? Does it automatically default to go off for the first time "tomorrow" rather than the actual next opportunity the clock reaches that time?

I would have expected it to go off. I'll do a bit of digging and let you know what I find...

I tested the following conditions.

Test 1:
Alarm 1 at 2:41 PM
Alarm 2 at 2:42 PM

Alarm 1 went off, snoozed it.
Alarm 2 still went off.

Test 2:
Alarm 1 at 2:44 PM
Alarm 2 at 2:44 PM set to off.

Alarm 1 went off, snoozed it.
Turned on Alarm 2.
Alarm 2 still went off.

Test 3:
Alarm 1 at 2:46 PM
Alarm 2 at 2:47 PM set to off.

Alarm 1 went off, dismissed it.
Turned on Alarm 2.
Alarm 2 went off.

Interesting. I must have really screwed something up. Maybe I was just that tired and don't remember actually turning the second alarm off.

Tested 2 alarms 1 hour apart and snoozed the first alarm twice. Worked exactly as expected. Second alarm went off.

f4780y said:
Tested 2 alarms 1 hour apart and snoozed the first alarm twice. Worked exactly as expected. Second alarm went off.

I stopped using my regular alarm clock and switched to this one. It has always been reliable and has NEVER let me down.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

What I am getting used to is the snooze time. Other than that (and it is my own need to get used to it) the alarms have been working like a dream.

Exactly how long is the snooze and can it be changed?