What's new

Alarm clock has changed to allow for mistakes

sherribearri

Reaction score
I don't think I'm going crazy. I'm pretty sure prior to today, I had to swipe my screen to shut off my alarm. This morning I see that now I have to push "OK" on the screen to turn off alarm. Which is RIGHT NEXT to snooze. Nooooo!! This is very very risky and will definitely cause me to oversleep. I don't know about anyone else, but I do use the snooze button. I don't know what to do now. Do I need to go out and buy an alarm clock? Please put the alarm clock back the way it was!! Any comments on this subject?

Sherri

Attachments

• Alarm Clock.png
    Alarm Clock.png
    26.4 KB · Views: 501
Swipe to shut off alarm will appear when the iPhone is locked.

Your screenshot shows an unlocked device, that's why the alarm appears this way.

If you want to keep sliding to shut off the alarm, simply keep your iPhone locked.

This is what the alarm looks like on the lock screen.
image.jpg

Last edited:
lol, I never saw this before. I don't know how my phone got unlocked bedside when I was asleep, but it was startling. Thank goodness!!! Thank you for bringing this to my attention :)

Swiping, tapping, almost throwing. Nothing works on mine. The only way I can shut it off is by either placing my finger on the sensor, or grabbing the off button. Pain in the bootie each morning. If I wasn't so lazy, I'd try to figure out what is going on. Every morning the dang thing goes off for at least 10 seconds while I try and figure out how to shut it off. Wifey's mad at me by then. "Don't you know how to work your stupid iPhone yet?"

As for snooze? I haven't used snooze since my teenage days ;)

lol, I never saw this before. I don't know how my phone got unlocked bedside when I was asleep, but it was startling. Thank goodness!!! Thank you for bringing this to my attention :)
You're welcome. Don't hesitate to come back if you have any more questions.

I love the alarm it vibrates right by me loudly I'm hearing impaired and its the ONLY thing that works for me lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Put your phone far enough away so you have to get your butt up and out of bed. Problem solved.