What's new

Alarm Clock

hookbill

Reaction score
I'm just sort of double checking here. It seems the only way I can get my alarm to work is to put the auto lock on never and bring up my alarm.

When the alarm does go off I have messages I have to push through first to shut the darn thing off. Is this just the way it is or am I missing something in the settings. I see on my iPad a little notification that the alarm is going off but that's it no alarm.

Is that the only way to work it?

That isn't how my iPhone 4S running iOS 6 works. I simply set an alarm and it goes off. Regardless of the phone's status or mute switch position.

Now if you are not using the Clock App that is provided by iOS, then yes you have to keep the phone awake for it to work. No way around that because of the design of iOS.

That isn't how my iPhone 4S running iOS 6 works. I simply set an alarm and it goes off. Regardless of the phone's status or mute switch position.

Now if you are not using the Clock App that is provided by iOS, then yes you have to keep the phone awake for it to work. No way around that because of the design of iOS.

Actually I tried the clock app and got this other app. What are you using? Is there something else?

I only use the clock app for alarms. It is the only one that works with the phone locked/asleep.

I use the clock that is pre-installed and have no issues as well. Screen locked, mute switch position doesn't seem to matter. The only thing that I noticed that makes a difference is the volume setting being high or low. But the phone vibrates and makes sound when the alarm goes off.

I only use the clock app for alarms. It is the only one that works with the phone locked/asleep.

I tried it, that didn't work for me. And I do want to have a clock there so I'll still leave it on. I'll revisit that, I like the alarm I bought.

OK, I just looked at it. No, that sucks I'll stick with my app.

I have been using the iPhone 4S Alarm Clock Radio Dock instead of the clock app for one year ,put it near my bed. (my room messy lol)
http://www.prezzydeal.com/iphone-ipod-alarm-clock-radio-charger-dock-white.html
$di-EJ1K.jpg

Last edited:
easy alarm set....just tell Siri to set alarm for such and such a time ...done

I have tried 4 different alarm clocks but keep coming back to the stock app cos "it just works" every morning
Best to check your volume tho before you go to sleep

lol, the first time that got me on my iPad. That's where I'm using the alarm clock now.

hookbill said:
I tried it, that didn't work for me. And I do want to have a clock there so I'll still leave it on. I'll revisit that, I like the alarm I bought.

OK, I just looked at it. No, that sucks I'll stick with my app.

What do you mean it doesn't work for you? Do you mean aesthetically? Would like to get some understanding.

I've been using the stock app for almost two years and it works with multiple alarms using different tones etc. even when my phone is set to silent with the slide switch.

Sorry for not being detailed, yes aesthetically. I wanted a clock I can see and I'm blind as a bat anyway so getting the Alarm Clock HD and putting it on my iPad was the way to go. For me that is.