What's new

Best Speaker-Dock For iPhone That WON'T Auto-shut-off

dakinehaoleguy

Reaction score
I'm looking for an inexpensive iPhone/iPod dock with amp/speakers that WON'T auto-shut-off when the iPod isn't playing. So far I've tried Altec and Rocketfish models, but both auto-shut-off when the iPod hasn't transmitted a signal for a few minutes. This prevents me from using my alarm clock app (Alarm Clock Pro from iHandySoft) as an alarm clock, unless I bother to set up and initiate a playlist or shuffle of songs in iPod that will last the 7-9 hours of sleep and set the volume to 0. In other words, unless the dock is receiving an audio signal, after 5 minutes or so it shuts off, rendering the alarm clock app useless (the iPhone - quite properly- doesn't enter sleep when the alarm clock is running). Has anyone found an inexpensive but decent-sounding speaker-dock that DOESN'T auto-shut-off???

I know one nice iPhone Dock speaker but it's not cheap, it was created by Jarre Technologies and this sound system is very good! Also i would recommend you to search among Philips or Logitech, they have nice and not expensive speakers, i'm using Jarre's one at home and office and one portable by Philips, very convenient!

I know one nice iPhone Dock speaker but it's not cheap, it was created by Jarre Technologies and this sound system is very good! Also i would recommend you to search among Philips or Logitech, they have nice and not expensive speakers, i'm using Jarre's one at home and office and one portable by Philips, very convenient!

Thanks Pinky. That Jarre system is a bit - no, actually way - out of my price range; I'm just looking for a little unit to sit on my bedside table and allow me to use my Alarm Clock Pro app without the unit's auto-shutting off. But it does look literally awesome.

I'll check out the Phillips and Logitech products.

Thanks Pinky. That Jarre system is a bit - no, actually way - out of my price range; I'm just looking for a little unit to sit on my bedside table and allow me to use my Alarm Clock Pro app without the unit's auto-shutting off. But it does look literally awesome.

I'll check out the Phillips and Logitech products.

Not at all!
Try them, they are cool! Also yesterday i found Angry Birds dock speakers, if you are a fan of them, you may like ;-)