What's new

Any app that allows you to set white balance BEFORE taking picture???

modernaire

Reaction score
Hi...

I posted this question on another forum and all I got were snarky replies amounting to "If you don't like it - go back to droid". I don't know if maybe I should have rephrased better, and thought I'd give it another go on a different forum.

I really do like the Iphone, especially the thin styling of the 5.

My question...is there any app out there that allows you to adjust the white balance of the camera itself before actually taking the picture?

I've noticed there are no white balance adjustments how I thought there would be. It is just very strange to me that flip phones allowed a white balance setting, but such an advanced phone does not, and it was completely misunderstood on the other forum when I said that.

It's possible using filters with several apps after taking the picture to achieve the same effect, but it's not the same. Photography is a hobby of mine and I really like being able to preview a picture beforehand with other white balance options (especially depending on lighting or whether indoor/outdoor). I don't find the default setting to always be that good.

So, does anyone know of an app that allows it? Or has it intentionally been prevented by Apple, across the board?

Kitcam can let you change the whitebalance afaik, before you take the pic, I'm sure a few of the camera apps can do this too?

Anything free allow it? No idea why so many allow it after the picture, but not before.

Not free but Pro Camera is my go to app, allows white balance adj. along with lighting etc.