What's new

Is Apple a flamboyant company?

modernaire

Reaction score
I'll explain why. When I say flamboyant, I mean in the respect of - are they willing to lose money just to tell people "you have to do it our way"? Does the company take some bizarre pleasure in having obvious miscues, but knowing the fanatical following is so strong, that it's typically overlooked?

The two main things I don't understand, and it's been this way for awhile, and Apple is aware of both. One presented a huge financial loss that could have easily been prevented (yellowgate).

My iphone 5 has a yellowish tint to it...with pictures it's even stronger.

The Apple store has told me it's just how the phone is and that it's really not that yellow, that it only appears yellow to me. When I used android, the default display setting was slightly cool, then I was able to adjust this for pictures to my liking.

Everyone knows about the "yellowgate" that was best known for the Iphone 4s, but also affected 4 (to a lesser extent), and it's affected the 5 as well. The default setting simply leans yellow on any iphone. It was blamed on a glue within the screen, and several phones were returned to Apple after people complained (especially with the 4s). All that Apple had to do was simply allow display settings beyond brightness and possibly a few presets for color temperature. Nothing else, just put that in the next firmware update. Repeatedly, they have chosen not to and prefer the financial losses that could have been avoided. There is something so bizarre about that.

Having a default white balance setting on the camera would be nice as well, only KitCam allows a white balance setting before taking a picture. Then you have to separately export the pictures to your camera roll. Not a big deal, but it's another step for something so simple.

On the 4/4s/5, there's an "invert colors" setting - yet not a contrast setting. It's very paradoxical. You have to jailbreak the phone to use a contrast or color temperature setting only after you buy the app on Cydia. It seems like a million hoops to jump through for such a simple thing.

The strangest thing about the Iphone (4/4s/5) is that you can never fully erase a contact. The fact that you can never erase a contact unless you reset everything. Try it out yourselves. Get a text ready from someone in your contact list. There will be a blinking blue cursor next to it (do not use the + button). Start typing the first few letters of the person you erased and a drop down menu will automatically show up. As you see, that person is still there (and their number), although you've deleted them from your contact list. The only thing you can do is reset the entire phone. Just to completely delete a contact. Apple doesn't understand there's some people you may not want to keep in your phone, at all. I talked to them about this...only one senior tech was aware of it, and you could tell they didn't like when anyone noticed.

People sometimes need to completely erase certain people from their lives and move on. The one-size-fits-all mentality has gone too far. Someone could be harassing you, and even if you told them to delete your number, unless they've gotten a new phone or reset their current iphone - they still have you in their phone (only iphone does this, only Apple makes iphone). Too many people in the Apple cult really need to wake up.

There's simply no explanation sometimes, but there is something very flamboyant about having such an obvious miscue and consistently refusing to address it.

Considering this a discussion geared towards Apple Opinion and not question/answer based about the iPhone... I've moved this thread to our Off-Topic Discussion area. Thanks!

As well... a forewarning to all members who reply to this thread. Keep all replies and discussions tasteful, respectful and ON TOPIC. All others will be deleted!!