What's new

Local repair company or Apple?

jonkers

Reaction score
Hi All, I was wondering if anyone could help? My daughter has cracked her screen on her iPhone 4 and I was wondering if anyone has had experience with any local iPhone repair companies good or bad?

I have contacted Apple directly about repairing the phone but the are very expensive, after a bit of googling I have found this company which is local to me.
moderator removed external links.
What I'd like to know is whether people think it's best to go directly to Apple or whether local repair firms are any good?

Last edited by a moderator:
If the repair shop uses genuine parts, it should be fine.

My buddy shattered the screen on his white 4s. He went to a local repair shop instead of Apple. The replacement screen color does not match the home button.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Only Apple Authorized Service Centers have genuine parts.

Everyone else sells copies.

If the iPhone 4 has some warranty status left then having the phone repaired by a non approved apple engineer may invalidate it.

If the warranty is up then you could pay for an out of warranty replacement via apple.

If you go ahead with the non apple engineer repair then ask that they use high end screens. I know quite a few people who have had new screens replaced for them then not to work !

Only Apple Authorized Service Centers have genuine parts.

Everyone else sells copies.

I totally agree with you. I have repaired my iPhone from a local servicing centre and I can ensure you that the parts they use are not genuine. So better to take it to a Apple Care.

Thanks for your input guys, I didn't realise that not all local companies would use different quality screens, I did speak to the company that I was thinking of using and they did confirm that the parts they use are the high end type and not the cheap ones.

They also have very good google reviews so I have to say I'm very tempted to use them at least if there was any problems I could go back to them locally, my nearest apple store is about 30 miles away you see.

The phone hasn't got any warranty left so I guess that isn't really an issue.

What does "high end type" mean? If they don't promise to use Apple parts I wouldn't want them to do the work. As thewitt said, are they actually an Apple authorized service center? If not I'd go the extra 30 miles and pay the money. My personal opinion.