What's new

Bought an iphone with a bad ESN? No Problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamiAwwad

Reaction score
Have you ever been ripped off buying a bad ESN iPhone or an iPhone that has been reported lost or stolen off Craigslist or eBay? Well don't feel too bad. I have a step-by-step guide on how to get it switched to a clean ESN iPhone.

EDITED
***This is strictly for informational use only.I'm not encouraging to rip Apple off in anyway, but as a company, they cannot stop you from going through with this process.***

I have talked to the managers of the local Apple store in my city. They know it goes on but they cannot police it.

Kind of sad that your lost or stolen iPhone could eventually be swapped by anyone for a clean ESN iPhone at your local Apple store.

Moderation notice: This post has been edited by the iPhoneForums staff in accordance with theForum Rules Removed description on how to steal an iPhone

Last edited by a moderator:
my problem with this is no matter how big apple is, or who they are. why should they be lthe one burnt on the deal. i dont agree with this ploy at all.. i will say this karma has a way of coming back on people that do things like this. a year or so back i bought a iphone 4s from a guy in atlanta, after he told me it had a clean esn. tried to activate it, well low and behold it was bad. contacted him, he wanted me to go inside cut the speaker and return it to apple. i refused, he ended up refunding my money.

They have ESN/IMEI profiling when they check out the serial. When they enter your device's serial onto their iPad or Mac, it shows the original owner's name, the time that the device was activated to start the 1-year warranty, whether the line is active or not, and the ESN/IMEI status of whether or not it's been reported stolen/lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.