What's new

Looking for photography app that adds random effect BEFORE shooting?

Alexz

Reaction score
So I come from the Droid world and was using a photography app called Vignette (free demo). It had a setting you could choose to use an effect BEFORE you shoot the picture. You could also set this to "random" of the dozens of effects they had available. So you could take the same picture 18 times and they would all look completely different. I loved this app so much and it's not available for the iPhone. Does anyone know of a camera app that has this setting?

Alexz said:
So I come from the Droid world and was using a photography app called Vignette (free demo). It had a setting you could choose to use an effect BEFORE you shoot the picture. You could also set this to "random" of the dozens of effects they had available. So you could take the same picture 18 times and they would all look completely different. I loved this app so much and it's not available for the iPhone. Does anyone know of a camera app that has this setting?

I know some:

camera+ by tap tap tap, is one of the highest rated camera be used you can apply an effect before you shoot. Only $.99

Also, u can download QuadCamera, by Art & Mobile, for $1.99. It has 8 effects you can use, and shoots 4-8 serial shots in one picture. Not sure if you can separate or not.

If you want to go the free route, just go with Multi Shot Cam by Totally Apps Holding Limited, which does takes several pics in one touch.

Hope this helped a lil.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using iPF.net // Twitter: @xristinax

But do any of these allow you to choose "random" for an effect type to be applied before you shoot? That's the exact feature I'm looking for.

But do any of these allow you to choose "random" for an effect type to be applied before you shoot? That's the exact feature I'm looking for.

yeah.. Infinicam. its $1.99 though.

"With each New Camera button, Infinicam generates a new and unique randomized camera style. These high quality effects go far beyond the usual range of toy camera styles, and Infinicam also features 18 high-quality film-style borders lovingly recreated to delight photography buffs. There are literally billions of possible camera styles to discover, with advanced algorithms in place to assure a high hit rate of unique, high quality results. Once a favorite camera style is found, it can be easily saved and named for instant access later.” - Infinicam

there are a few out there. just kinda hard to locate.