What's new

iPhone 4 camera application takes ages to startup

Mad_Maru

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have an iPhone 4 it's been working great apart from feeling like its slowing down over time however for the past few months I've noticed that that camera app takes an awful long time to initialise and the shutter on screen stays there for anything up to 2 minutes.

I at first thought an update would resolve this but it hasn't I then asked at the genius bar if having 1100+ images on there could cause this and they advised taking all pictures off and seeing if this resolves the issue. So far this has not improved the issue neither has ios 5 and I really don't wanna take the phone to apple to have it swapped over as I'd rather keep my original handset.

The phone has never been jail broken and has never been dropped or had a particulary hard life. Can anyone possibly give me some options to fixing this as taking a quick picture is now not a possibility and makes the whole point of having a camera with your phone redundant?

Last edited:
Right just as an update on my issue, I followed the advise given by the genius bar and cleared off all my pictures and videos after backing them all up first and after a restart or two the camera starts up like brand new and I can take pics now without needing to wait an hour first!

Sent from my  iPad® using Tapatalk