What's new

Any app similar to androids "Sound Manager"?

tuscany123

Reaction score
The only Android app I miss is Sound Manager. Essentially it allows you to set schedules for all the features on your phone that make sound. I would set it for no sounds except the phone ringing after a certain time at night so middle of the night texts and Words With Friends at 3 am did not wake me. For church I had it automatically muted for the same time every Sunday. You get the picture. Saved me from embarrassment if I forgot to mute my phone manually.

Any such thing thing available thru Cydia?

tuscany123 said:
The only Android app I miss is Sound Manager. Essentially it allows you to set schedules for all the features on your phone that make sound. I would set it for no sounds except the phone ringing after a certain time at night so middle of the night texts and Words With Friends at 3 am did not wake me. For church I had it automatically muted for the same time every Sunday. You get the picture. Saved me from embarrassment if I forgot to mute my phone manually.

Any such thing thing available thru Cydia?

There is an app in the apple app store called AutoSilent. Sounds like what you are looking for. Only .99

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Hey, thanks for this. It's not quite what I need though. This appears to mute the phone entirely, whereas with the Android app there are options to only mute certain features as desired. The Auto Silent app appears to drain the battery excessively also, based on the reviews I read. And it needs locator to work. I want to set my timing myself without relying on setting locations that trigger the mute feature. I'll keep looking!

Just checked, the best option seemed to be My Profile but it's been discontinued, darn!!!

Verizon iPhone 4, 5.1 Jailbroken, 32 GB

RingerX VIP
Cant find this in Cydia?? Sounds like a great app

Sounds like a very promising app- will definitely try this out!

Unless I am missing some setting, this app does def. not resemble the Droids sound manager. There seems to be no way to set general profiles for different uses like phone volume vs. text volume vs. alarm volume. There is no general setting to set the levels, only ringer level for calls and texts for a specific contact. I did not even see a quick setting to change the ringtone for a specific contact.

This app is alright for what it can do, imo. But not what I was hoping for. It would be nice to have an app to set general sound levels, for all contacts. Phone calls and text at level 8, emails to mute, alarm to level 10, etc... A cover all, not for individual contacts. If I am in church I want to mute all contacts. Even if it is my mother calling I dont want to hear the ring during church!

Just my cents. I converted from a Droid and do miss some of the settings that make life easy, with this being one.

I didn't say it was an exact replacement of sound manager, I just said it had similar features. You are probably never going to see an app that does exactly what the Sound Manager does.

If you don't want your phone to ring, just toggle the mute switch, that's what it's for.

If you don't want your phone to ring, just toggle the mute switch, that's what it's for.

That simply isn't always useful. At night when I am sleeping I want my phone to ring, but I don't want a notification for every text or email that comes in. At 6 am I want all sounds to come online except on Saturday and Sunday when I don't want to hear the notifications until 9am.

I hope someone will write an app that mimics Sound Manager ... I too miss that app ...

you have to remember not all the iphone apps are as polished as the android apps, and the same goes for android.