What's new

Any app same as sbsettings for non JB iPhone 4S?

keevill

Reaction score
Is there an app same as sbsettings for non jailbroken iPhone 4s.Slide left to right rather than the clever workaround iconsettings from iphoneZA..This is ok but you have to click thru to the icon you want.Sbsettings makes it easier.It is nice too if you can see the date & time and Mem used at top of screen too in sbsettings .I will wait for UT JB if I must.--keevill-

I can't do with a tether jailbreak. It's out of question over here.
I can understand someone prefering to not have a tethered JB. I'm gonna go w/ what was being discussed in another thread... as an extra bit of insurance. Carry a 1GB flash drive w/ 5.0 ipsw & redsn0w on it. That way I can do a tethered boot just about anywhere from any computer w/o having to download anything.

yeah, i've read about that thread, but i don't give it a chance over here, untether or stock iOS. So far i'm not complaining that much about missing jailbreak, perhaps the reason is because i don't play with my phone that much nowadays :) so the stock is just good for now.

I'm with Thomas here. I've never understood the 'need' for 'untethered'. My iPhone 'never' gets turned off. EVER. You only need 'untethered' if you're going to 'full shut down' your iPhone every day or more. Now -- if adding new updates from Cydia requires a 'full reboot' occasionally - which I think I'm remembering it does -- then I understand why people wouldn't 'need' untethered. But only if you're downloading from Cydia throughout the day when away from your computer. I always only did updating while at home near my computer so if a reboot was needed I was near my tethered boot.

What is meant by '... would never work "over here"... ???
Sure... good points. Some times, i just want to reboot my iPhone, or even hard reset it to calibrate the RAM memory and fix other weird stuff on the iPhone, so i do not turn off my phone and leave it off, but i do a hard reset from time to time, like once in a week. But that's not even an argument, i just don't feel for a tether jailbreak that's all. I've tried it and nah, i let it go.