What's new

Answering calls on speaker

zuluwhiskeyfox

Reaction score
Would like to have an app that would allow me to answer calls directly to speaker using any of the existing buttons. Right now to answer a call one has to swipe the lock screen to answer the call then press speaker icon. It sure would be nice to avoid all this while driving. Instead one simple button press would be preferred while driving. I really don't care which button. However the home button is my preference. My iPhone is a 4 running a jailbroken iOS 4.3.1.

I am not sure if iOS 4.X has this but under iOS 5 you can set that very feature up.

Settings -> General -> Accessibility. Incoming calls can be routed to Speaker.

I knew this feature wasn't native to the phone. I was hoping someone knew of an app or package that would perform this function. Along the same lines as there is a package that let's you use the volume buttons to take a picture.

I knew this feature wasn't native to the phone. I was hoping someone knew of an app or package that would perform this function. Along the same lines as there is a package that let's you use the volume buttons to take a picture.

That is in iOS 5 as well.

Ya. I looked in activator. That's exactly the sort of app that might do the job. However, I can't seem to find what I'm looking for. Any other ideas?

iOS 5 is going to be released to the public in less than 60 days. Probably less than 30. Both features you asked about are in it and working. Instead of spending money on an app that will be made obsolete in a matter of weeks, why not just wait?

Jmills87 said:
Ya, there are no ways to do this on iOS4, just wait for iOS5 to be released

Well I have 5.0.1 installed and jailbroken. For the life of me I can't find this feature. Does it exist?

zuluwhiskeyfox said:
Well I have 5.0.1 installed and jailbroken. For the life of me I can't find this feature. Does it exist?

Under settings then general then accessibility then physical and motor then click on incoming calls. Then you can choose which way you want you calls to be answered - headset, speaker or default.
you do not need to be jailbroken for this feature.

Hope this helps. 😄

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net