What's new

Another iPhone 4 Reported to have Caught Fire in Brazil

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
3765-brazil-iphone-4-fire.JPG

Following on from the story earlier this week about an iPhone 4 that started smoking on board a plane that had just landed in Australia, Mashable features a story from Brazil about another iPhone 4 that was said to have caught fire under mysterious circumstances. According to reports emanating from the Brazilian media, an iPhone 4 that was plugged in overnight for charging started smoking and giving off sparks close to where the phone’s owner was sleeping. The Brazilian reports said that the owner in question was unhurt, but “flustered”. Apparently the iPhone 4 was made in France, and Mashable reminds us of another news story from France back in 2009 when another iPhone was said to have started hissing before its screen exploded. Mashable adds that so far Apple has not yet answered their request for a comment on the story. It will be interesting to see if any more stories of combustible iPhones arise following these two, or if they will remain isolated and mysterious incidents among the many millions of iPhones around the world that manage to restrain themselves from smoking or any such similarly disturbing behavior!

Source: A Second iPhone 4 Catches Fire, This Time in Brazil

My needs to do that so apple can replace it with a white one.

إيكرانك...المسطرة

iCrank said:
My needs to do that so apple can replace it with a white one.

إيكرانك...المسطرة

Be careful what you wish for. You might just get it.....

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.0.1 Update using iPF.net

drchiou said:
This is for sure a technical malfunction. Apple will cover this forrrrrealss

Wow if it would have been some nokia or htc then I m sure it wouldn't have caught the attention of the media and now look apple just got famous.but no one is asking how that person is how that person is who had the iPhone .. :-(

thats insane.. though they do really heat up easily when in the cold so I can imagine in them 45C+ heat waves how they can burst into flames