iPhoneForums.Net News Team
- Jun 18, 2010
- Reaction score
Following on from the story earlier this week about an iPhone 4 that started smoking on board a plane that had just landed in Australia, Mashable features a story from Brazil about another iPhone 4 that was said to have caught fire under mysterious circumstances. According to reports emanating from the Brazilian media, an iPhone 4 that was plugged in overnight for charging started smoking and giving off sparks close to where the phones owner was sleeping. The Brazilian reports said that the owner in question was unhurt, but flustered. Apparently the iPhone 4 was made in France, and Mashable reminds us of another news story from France back in 2009 when another iPhone was said to have started hissing before its screen exploded. Mashable adds that so far Apple has not yet answered their request for a comment on the story. It will be interesting to see if any more stories of combustible iPhones arise following these two, or if they will remain isolated and mysterious incidents among the many millions of iPhones around the world that manage to restrain themselves from smoking or any such similarly disturbing behavior!
Source: A Second iPhone 4 Catches Fire, This Time in Brazil