What's new

Another beginner question - keyboards

c1ogden

Reaction score
The keyboard that comes up with various apps contains letters only, I have to go to another page to type numerals or symbols. My Android phone has the numeral keys, the period, comma, and @ symbol on the main keyboard and its a lot faster to use when you don't have to toggle back and forth. It also has a ".com" key that saves a few keystrokes. Can I upgrade the iphone's keyboard to match the Android?

What about wallpaper? Is there a way to convert a photo file to use it as wallpaper?

Icon positioning - When I rearrange the icons they automatically move up to fill in empty spots at the top of the page. How can I stop this so the icons will stay where I put them?

Thank you for the help!

The keyboard that comes up with various apps contains letters only, I have to go to another page to type numerals or symbols. My Android phone has the numeral keys, the period, comma, and @ symbol on the main keyboard and its a lot faster to use when you don't have to toggle back and forth. It also has a ".com" key that saves a few keystrokes. Can I upgrade the iphone's keyboard to match the Android?

What about wallpaper? Is there a way to convert a photo file to use it as wallpaper?

Icon positioning - When I rearrange the icons they automatically move up to fill in empty spots at the top of the page. How can I stop this so the icons will stay where I put them?

Thank you for the help!
You can use any photo that is on an iPhone album as wallpaper. Click on the photo. Then click on the square with the arrow on it. You get a menu. Scroll down to “Use as Wallpaper” and click on that.

You can use any photo that is on an iPhone album as wallpaper. Click on the photo. Then click on the square with the arrow on it. You get a menu. Scroll down to “Use as Wallpaper” and click on that.
Thanks, I'll try that. How can I move photos and files from the phone to my computer and from the computer to the phone? The phone doesn't show up on File Explorer. I was told that itunes would do this but I've tried it and I can't see how that works. Thanks for your help!

You can back up your iphone to iTunes, on a pc. If you have a Mac you can also back your iPhone to it. Plug the iPhone into the computer. It’s good to have that in case you need to restore your iPhone.