What's new

Android vs Apple!!!

SocomVeteran

Reaction score
Which will your next phone be? An Iphone or an android phone? What makes one better from the other? Do you think the ip4 is better than the Droid Incredible, droid 2, and Droid X? If you do, then why? Just because this is an Iphone Forum, please give honest opinions.

(btw, did you here that android 2.2 demolished IOS4????)

Two very different phones... Really hard to compare.... Here are my reasons for returning to the iPhone each year.

1. The camera is just built better than the droid when you get down to the contrast.

2. The UI always works.. No lockups, reboots, closing background programs..ect. Things I don't really care to worry about.

3. Apple is always happy to exchange phones, provide classes ect. That's where alot of phone support is lacking with other handset makers.

Just to close my little post here.... I think both are GREAT! But I prefer my iPhone.

Two very different phones... Really hard to compare.... Here are my reasons for returning to the iPhone each year.

1. The camera is just built better than the droid when you get down to the contrast.

2. The UI always works.. No lockups, reboots, closing background programs..ect. Things I don't really care to worry about.

3. Apple is always happy to exchange phones, provide classes ect. That's where alot of phone support is lacking with other handset makers.

Just to close my little post here.... I think both are GREAT! But I prefer my iPhone.

Ya. You can't go wrong either way.

Alls im going to say is this. Go read some of the posts by new members an tell me what phone they switched from. Thatll answer that question.

I chose the iphone 4 over the android just because its just so easy to use. Also with the iphone being very popular, you can find so many accessories to use for your phone

It's a pointless argument. Like people who passionately argue the case of an XBOX being better then a PS3. Again pointless but kids still argue about this pointless crap.

I had the first ever iPhone and thought it was great. What put me off it was the fact that every time I turned a corner I would see someone else holding an iPhone next to their ear. Trust me, in central London this started to freak me out. I was in a bar once and 3 blokes all had their iPhones out on the bar, I turned around and a girl was showing someone something on her iPhone. Someone came through the door, you guessed it, talking on their iPhone. At that moment I was like, 'oh s.hit I've joined some kind of sad cult'.

So I sold my iPhone and moved to android. Can't remember which phone I moved to back then but every phone I had from that moment onwards was an android mobile. Android is a seriously classy operating system, the last phone I had 'Motorola Droid' was a great phone, loved it to pieces. But fast forward a year and even that looked dated.

Why did I get the iPhone 4 then. Simply because I liked the look of it, was about time I got a new mobile and thought 'what the hell, I'm going to get me one of them iPhone 4's'.

So I did.

Is it great? Yes. Am I very happy with it? Yes very much so.

Do I think IOS is better then Android? Nope.

Do I think Android is better then IOS? Nope.

Basically both operating systems are great and both will exist in the mobile phone market for a long time coming.

If android release a phone tomorrow that really catches my eye, I'll have no problem dumping IOS and moving back to android.

Just got my first iPhone, actually my first Apple product.
Used to have all brands of Mobile and last 4 devices were Samsung and HTC.
None can compare the build quality of the iPhone4 and ease of use of the iOS4. My last device the HTC Desire was a nice device and Android was fast and finger friendly but iPhone 4 is a step ahead and maybe more.

android has perks apple doesnt. apple has perks android doesnt.

i switched from my motorola droid. heres some points that i miss from my droid that i would love for the iphone to have:

1)TRUE multitasking
2)File transfer between phones
3)NO NEED TO SYNC WITH ITUNES TO UPLOAD MOVIES/PICTURES
4)File manager
5)Android phones has physical keyboards (some)
6)Easier to hack/jailbreak

why did i switch from my droid to the iphone 4? cause of the apps and the program switching is extremely fast and fluid. oh and because it freezes less often.

but they are 2 great phones, just depends what kind of user you are.

I have been an iPhone owner since that line started forming for the 2.5G, and in early August I got frustrated with iTunes and reup'd my contract and got a Samsung Captivate. Here is the breakdown of what I found.

Captivate Pros:
1.) Bleeding edge hardware specs
2.) 4" AMOLED screen that just looks incredible when watching movies
3.) Amazing community for support and development
4.) Incredible looks and hand feel.
5.) Expandable storage
6.) Easy to root and manipulate
7.) Amazing customization
8.) SWYPE... This is truly the best way to type on a touch device.

Cons:

1.) Nothing but trouble with that hardware. Returned one for dead pixels, one for a broken internal wifi antenna, one for broken capacitive touch buttons that would push themselves, and one for a blown speaker...
2.) GPS is jacked. Samsung has stated they are working on a fix, but no ETA.
3.) Touchwiz is horrible. Samsung's UI is just bad. It's clunky and overall a performance hit
4.) Samsung's filesystem choice. It's actually so bad that the community have developed virtual file systems to overlay the stock file system to reduce lag
5.) Media player is sub par
6.) Android Market is nowhere close to the App Store, but it's getting better every day.
7.) No music download service
8.) No guarantee of OS updates (they say 2.2 is coming, but no ETA or show of progress.
9.) Has the same Gorilla Glass hairline scratch problem the i4 has.

I really do like the Captivate. It may not sound like it, but that's a lot of frustration that I'm taking out on Samsung for making it's customers the beta testers for another of their devices. Given they actually fix the GPS and release 2.2, the things the community will do with this device will be mind boggling. That's kind of the problem, though. There are a lot of ifs and buts when speaking about Android. I am about to have a baby and my life is crazy right now. I need a phone that just works and does it's thing perfectly. Thus the repurchase of the i4...

Now, 2 days later I'm on my second i4 because of a frikkin dead pixel on my beautiful retina display... Best Buy is seriously sick of seeing me, and honestly, I'm sick of going. I'm a power nerd, and that even hurts me to loath one of my favorite places... I just want this damn phone to work. That's all I ask at this point.

This one seems to be coming along just fine, and I'm eagerly awaiting my Power Support Crystal and Anti-Glare screen protectors, as well as my Speck Fitted case.

I did get the Best Buy Black Tie protection on the phone, so if anything goes south for me, I can always get a new one.

Th

Last edited:
You switched phones b/c you don't like iTunes which yes, a wee bit slow, but its basically check a box, click a button and keep it moving. Am I missing something?

And Genius'ing at an Apple Store is far easier than other outlets.

I looked into the Droids but I would have had to switch carriers because I didn't like what AT&T had to offer. What won me over for real is the apps. Depending on what you need it might not be that big of a deal but I am an music producer, label owner and dj and the apps specific to those interests cannot be touched on another phone. Maybe not for years. It was a good decision because I still love the **** out of this phone. It would be cool to test drive a droid tho.

I went from the iPhone 3G to the Nexus One and then just went back to iPhone 4.

I tried Android, I just couldn't get to like it.

It has computer like multitasking but this to me is a bad thing. It affects performance, stability and battery life. I much prefer the iPhone method. Here is one difference between Google and Apple. Google just pile in the features, Apple holds back until they think they can do it better for a mobile device. Same story with copy and paste.

The touchscreen on the iPhone is much better. Multitouch and scrolling on Android phone is horrible compared to iPhone. It may only seem like a small thing, but when you use the phone everyday then it does become a very big deal.

I also prefer the interface of the iPhone, the App Store is better and even though there is stuff like free tethering with Froyo I used that feature maybe once. Apple put features in that actually matter, although I don't think Facetime is such a big deal.

When you also add in extras that you have to get like a 32GB SD card and new accessories, which are quite few and far between compared to the iPhone then there really isn't much money saved when going with Android.

I had a Nexus one also. I purchased it on the advice of a friend who, was a long-time Iphone user (personally I think he wanted to just check the phone out himself without having to commit to buying it).

It was the first phone I had ever had of this type. A lot of people on the Nexus one and Android forums don't like Apple and think everything is too closed with them. I never got into the Apple vs. Android thing, I just wanted a phone to do what I needed for my business. The N1 did everything I needed and then some. T-mobile's packages were very affordable and, cheaper than what I had at Verizon. It had it's glitches but, was really awesome after upgrading to Froyo 2.2.

The customization on Andriod was pretty cool and I liked how you could view the weather on the notification bar at the top. Google voice is pretty cool too and integrated into the phone. The voice recognition is awesome also, you could speak navigation directions or texts msgs. The free GPS with Google maps was nice also and, the car dock for the Nexus one, along with the car home app blows away anything made for the Iphone, it's not even close IMO.

The Iphone 4 is much smoother in operation. It never locks up no matter how much I play with it. The battery life is outstanding. I actually love the Itunes integration very much. I used double-twist on the N1 but it's just not the same and, you can't get all the songs from the Itunes library. The app store is what the real big advantage Iphone/Apple has for me. I never understood until I started using it. I'm a onsite network and computer consultant on the side and, the Time-master App is awesome. It's just what I've been looking for and, without getting into details, I'll just say it's great for my business.

All in all, I've always wanted a Iphone. I wanted one since it came out but didn't want to switch to At&t. I found out that I could cut down on my data plans - which I didn't need as much as I had - and save. I also get a discount from At&t because I work for a specific company so, my bill is even less than what I was paying at T-mobile. Two years from now, when my contract is up; I can't say I wouldn't switch back to Android. It just depends on what is out by then, I'm sure a new Iphone will be available also. Right now I'm happy with the Iphone 4. :)

gonna skip the iphone 5 and go for the 6. my friend has htc and says its good for nothing but using the net.

though i bet android phones are not crippled and dont need jailbreak