What's new

Android Devotee Tempted by iPhone 6 Plus!

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
Android fan.JPG

BGR has a great story today about an Android devotee who is thinking of doing the unthinkable (as far as heā€™s concerned!) and switching to Appleā€™s iPhone 6 Plus. The article sets out the Android fanā€™s reasons for wanting to ditch his beloved favourite.

Jason Kallelis of Writing About Tech says that he is thinking of ending his love affair with Android and switching to Apple phones next year because of the inconsistency of Android phones.

ā€œIā€™m not going to lie: Iā€™ve been tempted to run out and buy an iPhone 6 Plus on more than one occasion, and itā€™s not out of love for iOS, but out of frustration for the maddeningly inconsistent experience on Android,ā€ said Kallelis. ā€œAndroid is great! You know, usually. Until it isnā€™t.ā€

What sparked his most recent bout of rage against Android was the fact that his Android phoneā€™s battery life drained in a very short space of time, even when he wasnā€™t using it, and even though he was using Wi-Fi at the time and not an LTE network. Then, to add insult to injury, he was unable to find out how to fix the problem.

ā€œThe detailed usage stats are useless, as usual, only telling me that ā€˜Android OSā€™ was responsible, without giving any further explanation as to the actual root cause,ā€ said Kallelis. ā€œThis is simply unacceptable. Fortunately I was home and didnā€™t need my phone tonight, but what if I had? Why does Google think itā€™s okay for a rogue process or app to completely hijack my phone? Ideally the OS itself would detect and deal with this scenario, but itā€™s not even trying.ā€

Source: iPhone 6 Plus vs. Android Android fan explains why he might switch BGR

He needs to give in to his urge to rush and buy an iPhone.

It seems like there's not the same level of care in Android for the small details that make for a smoother, more enjoyable user experience.

It seems like there's not the same level of care in Android for the small details that make for a smoother, more enjoyable user experience.
Thats true, I had a top phone but the lag drove me mad and updates were so hit and miss.

My Android's battery drained really fast, sometimes completely within a single day, although it wasn't used.

I agree. Generally, you have to very carefully observe your running processes on Android. Even then, I think the battery capacity on most Apple products are better anyways.

I've been lucky this year with android, every phone I've had has been great in the battery department :). The Plus has been great so far as well, For my PERSONAL usage, the 6+ is the first time I could compare an iPhone battery to my android devices (battery wise). In all my previous iPhones, the battery was second tier compared to my high end android product.

Slowly...it's happening...manufacturers are caring a tiny bit more about battery... And it's a great thing.

Edit : Last year, not this year :).