What's new

First iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus Reviews Are In

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score

The early reviews are in for the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, and generally speaking the overall tone is extremely positive.

MacRumors has a useful round up of some of the best reviews, with most of them seeming to be very much won over by Apple’s two new iPhones,even those that had initial reservations.

Engadget’s Brad Molen talks about how the two phones feel to hold, saying that he preferred how the smaller iPhone 6 feels in his hand, and that it is just as easy to wrap his fingers around the 4.7-inch model that it was the iPhone 5s.

David Pierce and Nilay Patel from The Verge were very impressed with the iPhone 6 Plus battery performance, saying that they “consistently got about two days of battery life from the 6 Plus in regular daily use—slightly more than the day and half we got from the iPhone 6, and basically the same as the Note 3.” They also noted that the iPhone 6 Plus is the first iPhone that actually looks and feels better in a case, as it hides the protruding camera and the “weird lines on the back,” and is also easier to hold.

Re/code’s Walt Mossberg and Lauren Goode found that the Wi-Fi speeds of the iPhone 6 were double that of the iPhone 5s. They also said that the iPhone 6 Plus’s battery lasted around two whole days.

The Loop’s Jim Dalrymple also talks about how it feels to hold the new phones, saying that he found the iPhone 6 Plus “awkward” to use at first, but “the larger screen eventually won me over.” He did, however, think that walking around with the iPhone 6 Plus held to his ear would “just look silly,” and suggested that a Bluetooth earpiece would be a good idea for an add-on for the phone.

And as for the first unboxing video? Well T3 appears to have that covered, as you can see at the top of this post!

MacRumors

This makes all the hair on my arms stick up. CRAZY

Looked at the wall wart.....and said: "Geez!! WHAT THE .......????!"
Then....the light came on.....it's for UK mains!! NOT U.S.A. outlets!!!:rolleyes:
Should have my "6" in-hand tomorrow!!:D

Looked at the wall wart.....and said: "Geez!! WHAT THE .......????!"
Then....the light came on.....it's for UK mains!! NOT U.S.A. outlets!!!:rolleyes:
Should have my "6" in-hand tomorrow!!:D
Ya it took me a second to realize that it wasnt for an american outlet.