What's new

Am struggling to become untethered on 4.3.3

bamball

Reaction score
Hi there - don't know if anyone can help me with this as might just be something wrong with my phone, but I can't seem to jailbreak my iphone 3gs with 4.3.3 untethered - only tethered.

I ran the latest sn0wbreeze and made a custom firmware, then restored using it in itunes. When the iphone then starts up it just shows me the screen telling me to connect to itunes. When I do that it wants me to restore again, etc etc. I've tried getting out of this cycle using ireb and tinyumbrella but neither end the cycle.

I've been able to use redsn0w to get it working on 4.3.3, but equally it won't let me untether it - I have to run redsn0w every time my iphone powers off.

I have previously updated my baseband to 06.15 and use ultrasn0w to unlock - I don't know if this could be the reason.

It is very frustrating as everyone online says 4.3.3 is untethered, but I can't get it to work on mine, only tethered. Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong?

If you have the iPad baseband on the phone then I believe you will have to use a custom firmware with the same baseband cooked into it forever more...
You can't do that with sn0wbreeze AFAIK, but I never did the iPad BB thing, so perhaps someone else can chip in?
As far as I'm aware you will need a custom firmware built from pwnage tool (or download one already created for your phone) with the iPad baseband included in it.

Also, you have tried running redsn0w over the top "fully", haven't you? You are not just using the "just boot tethered for now" option without first seeing if the full redsn0w install will untether it for you?

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies - that all makes sense. I'll try and see if I can find a copy of 4.3.3 with 06.15 built in and see if that will maybe work.

Re redsn0w - yeah, I did the full thing first before doing the boot tethered part so that's not working either, I guess for the same reason.