What's new

all my memory is showing up as "other" can not sync

waterdragon

Reaction score
Iphone 5
ios 6.1.4
itunes 11.0.4

all my memory is showing up as 100% "other" and I can not sync. I have tried every thing from hard reboots to factory resetting my iphone. I also have tried 3rd party software to sync but to no avail. I can download music from itunes "on my phone" but can not sync from a computer. Does anyone know of any ideas on what can i do next?

Thank You

Open up your device's profile in iTunes, and see if any of your items are greyed out and/or dupes.

Open up your device's profile in iTunes, and see if any of your items are greyed out and/or dupes.

Sorry, I looked all around itunes but can not figure out how to view device profile. Can you please tell me?

Thank you

Click on your device on the left-hand sidebar in iTunes.

nothing greyed out nor dupes. When i click on anything it shows audio memory "blue" but as soon as I hit sync it jumps right back to what it use to be (100% other memory)

Other for me is stored data through FB and twitter and games my kids play. I frequently have to clear my phone or it can't sync!

iPhoneMommy

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner