What's new

After a LONG time..finally made the switch....

WinSkins

Reaction score
LONG time Non Apple user....just made the switch to Iphone 7 plus. Was reluctant, but pulled the trigger after the 4th random restart and data wipe on my S7 Edge. Day 7 and I couldn't be happier. It is taking some getting used to (I keep reaching for a back button on the bottom of the screen), but overall the platform is user friendly and so much cleaner to operate.

I thought I would miss all the widgets on my Droid, but I really don't and the battery savings is worth not having. I no longer ran custom ROMS and quit rooting my devices years ago. Pairing Bluetooth devices and setting emails is so much easier and no issues. Very functional for work emails, personal and text messages.

Even took the plunge on an Iwatch, which blows away to functionality of the Samsung Gear watch that I had.

I have a lot to learn and my 16 year old daughter is my own personal Genius rep, but I could not be happier with the switch and wish I had done it years ago. The biggest problem now will be to have to see the launch of the 8 and resist getting one.

Lots to learn, but very happy.

Last edited:
Grats and welcome, but how on earth have you been using a Droid 25+ years?! 25 years ago I was rocking a Motorola Pager.

Grats and welcome, but how on earth have you been using a Droid 25+ years?! 25 years ago I was rocking a Motorola Pager.
LOL......I too had a Motorolla pager....that thing was got messages and was the size of a small book..... (you are right though, Droid has only been around since about 07 I think-I updated for accuracy!)

Text messages?!?! Holy moly no, my pager got numbers, that's it. Pretty sure Android was not born in 1992 :D

Text messages?!?! Holy moly no, my pager got numbers, that's it. Pretty sure Android was not born in 1992 :D
My company at the time made a huge deal about the "cutting edge of technology" we were a part of....I guess in hindsight, we were. God, I feel old

Attachments

• untitled.png
    untitled.png
    18.2 KB · Views: 546
LONG time Non Apple user....just made the switch to Iphone 7 plus. Was reluctant, but pulled the trigger after the 4th random restart and data wipe on my S7 Edge. Day 7 and I couldn't be happier. It is taking some getting used to (I keep reaching for a back button on the bottom of the screen), but overall the platform is user friendly and so much cleaner to operate.

I thought I would miss all the widgets on my Droid, but I really don't and the battery savings is worth not having. I no longer ran custom ROMS and quit rooting my devices years ago. Pairing Bluetooth devices and setting emails is so much easier and no issues. Very functional for work emails, personal and text messages.

Even took the plunge on an Iwatch, which blows away to functionality of the Samsung Gear watch that I had.

I have a lot to learn and my 16 year old daughter is my own personal Genius rep, but I could not be happier with the switch and wish I had done it years ago. The biggest problem now will be to have to see the launch of the 8 and resist getting one.

I am getting ready to make the switch next week (when my upgrade kicks in) from Samsung Galaxy S7 to iphone 7 plus. I need a bigger screen and have really been researching between the iphone and the new galaxy s8 plus. While the galaxy appears to have more features, I am looking for the stability I had when i had an iphone years ago. My s7 is a year old and already the battery is going bad and it gets hot randomly and is very glitchy. These are things I never experienced with my iphone years ago.

Now I am going to have to remember how to use the ios system again. I also have a daughter that I am sure will help. :)

I am getting ready to make the switch next week (when my upgrade kicks in) from Samsung Galaxy S7 to iphone 7 plus. I need a bigger screen and have really been researching between the iphone and the new galaxy s8 plus. While the galaxy appears to have more features, I am looking for the stability I had when i had an iphone years ago. My s7 is a year old and already the battery is going bad and it gets hot randomly and is very glitchy. These are things I never experienced with my iphone years ago.

Now I am going to have to remember how to use the ios system again. I also have a daughter that I am sure will help. :)
If you still have access to the email address you used with your old iPhone, you will have access to the apps and iTunes content you purchased to use on your old iPhone.

Even though you switched when the gap between Samsung and Apple has never been closer you definitely made the right decision. I doubt you'll have too much need for your personal Genius rep, iOS products are notoriously easy to use :D

Same for me too, I just switched about a week ago coming from Android, I too had issues with random restarts and quirks with Android!

If you still have access to the email address you used with your old iPhone, you will have access to the apps and iTunes content you purchased to use on your old iPhone.

Great advice! I should be able to retrieve my old information. Thank you

While the galaxy appears to have more features, I am looking for the stability I had when i had an iphone years ago. My s7 is a year old and already the battery is going bad and it gets hot randomly and is very glitchy. These are things I never experienced with my iphone years ago.

This is exactly why I switched to iPhone and never looked back. Androids are great and all, but they get glitchy and start having problems after 6 months or so. At least mine always did. So I switch when the iPhone 4 came out, and that phone lasted 2 years without a single problem. I only bought a new iPhone 5 (skipped the iPhone 4S) because I wanted something newer, etc. I buy an iPhone every other phone now (4, 5, 6, 7, but no s's in between), and they still work perfectly when I get a new one. I usually get great trade in value too since I keep mine in am Otterbox case and they're still like new 2 years later. They give me so much for my old phone it's almost silly not to upgrade haha.

Welcome to #TeamIphone