What's new

advice on my 5s please

wtf11

Reaction score
Hi my iphone 5s stoped charging and now wont switch on at all i have not damaged it in anyway its in perfect condition. Ive tried the master re boot etc and its dead. My question is about 6 months ago i broke my screen and had an aftermarket screen fitted stupid i know but i was low on funds. Ive got an apointment at the genius store on monday and i know the screen will void my warrenty. Question 1 will they notice its been replaced and send me away? Could i buy the genuine screen and lcd etc and fit it and take it in and get away with it? Just looking for the best thing to do before i go. Kind regards and thanks in advance. Oh its the iphone 5s and i have 1 month warrenty left.

I do not know if you could "get away with it" or not, but it would be dishonest to try, yes?

Well ive had iphones for many years and have always used them for repairs. But i lost my job and the time and didnt have a choice as such. Apple would not miss a bit of cash from me. Just looking for a bit of advice thats all.

Even if you get the genuine screen and replace the other one, Apple will know that they didn't replace the screen.

Got it sorted sending me a brand new phone