What's new

5S loop: Please help

gam101

Reaction score
Ola amigos!

Please help with my intermittent looping 5S. :( I am attaching screenshots.

It basically loops from the Apple logo, to the funky colored lines, then back to the logo. Does that a loop a couple of times (sometimes more often) & then back the unlock screen. o_O

Also, it seems to auto-reboot when I launch an app., or tap on something within the app. Here is what I have done so far to remedy;

1) Changed the battery to a new aftermarket battery.
2) DFU-mode updated the phone to iOS 12.0 (oh wow! I just checked the iOS version & it rebooted) :eek:

How can I fix this? Many thanks comrades!:)

Attachments

• 5Sloop-1.JPG
    5Sloop-1.JPG
    18.1 KB · Views: 534
  • 5Sloop-2.JPG
    5Sloop-2.JPG
    23.2 KB · Views: 536
  • 5Sloop-3.JPG
    5Sloop-3.JPG
    19 KB · Views: 519
What were you doing with your phone right before it started to do this?

What were you doing with your phone right before it started to do this?

Can't recall exactly, but I do remember dropping it once on concrete, 3 feet drop. I can't remember this loop happening before that drop. But, the loop did not happen soon after that either. In fact, after the drop I used it for an entire day or so.

When the loop did happen, I thought to myself that it's time for a new battery. And that's when I got a new aftermarket battery swap.

Thoughts? Appreciate the reply.

No idea, but the striped/ridges screen is troubling

Appreciate that. Yeah, I don't know either....sometimes it takes just 2 reboots & it returns to the unlock screen, and sometimes it can be 20.

You think possibly a bad battery again? The new replacement could be bad too....:cool:

Appreciate that. Yeah, I don't know either....sometimes it takes just 2 reboots & it returns to the unlock screen, and sometimes it can be 20.

You think possibly a bad battery again? The new replacement could be bad too....:cool:
It's probably not a bad battery. It's most likely the drop that caused the problem.

Last edited: