What's new

Add to calendar from HTML

Thoorbear

Reaction score
Hi.

I'd like to know if anyone knows how to add entries to the IOS calendar from HTML code? We're writing an app and the customer really wants this ability. Unfortunately, my IOS programming knowledge doesn't cover this area.

Anyone that can help out?

Kind regards,

Thoorbear

This ability already exists on his phone. When he's browsing a web page in Mobile Safari all character strings that look like dates are underlined in blue. Simply click on the blue and the iOS will ask if you want to create event.

This has been a basic functionality of iOS since the first gen iPhone.

Hi pianoman, and thanks for your reply. However, in this specific case, I am wondering if you know about the specific HTML- or Javascript code that lies behind this feature? We would like to have the functionality in an app that we write ourselves, not in Safari or another application already available for the IOS.

Thank you for your time.

Hi pianoman, and thanks for your reply. However, in this specific case, I am wondering if you know about the specific HTML- or Javascript code that lies behind this feature? We would like to have the functionality in an app that we write ourselves, not in Safari or another application already available for the IOS.

Thank you for your time.
No, I don't. Unfortunately I'm not a programmer. Apple guards their code very carefully. You may get some insight or even some code if you purchase their "developer" package. Become a developer of iOS apps and I think you get more info about code from Apple.