What's new

Calendar/contacts/iPad/PC syncing - oh my!

Supahrob

Reaction score
Ok, I searched a bit, but I realized I wouldn't know how to word the search. This might get a little confusing, but please bear with me.

What I am trying to do is get the my contacts and calendar synced on my iPad and iPhone. I don't use my PC very much anymore - I havent used outlook in over a year. I have been using an android phone, so I guess you could say I am very "google based." I use gmail, google calendar, google docs, google music, google coffee and all kinds of googleness (yes, it's a word lol). I don't really want to change all that. I am happy with google, it does what I need. So in the near future I will be asking some other questions about google and iPhone, but for now I want to focus on contacts and calendar.

Now, I have had my iPad for a while. I don't remember how I got it to do it, but now if I make a change on my google calendar or contacts, my iPad very quickly gets synced over my wifi signal. I mint have set it upnvia iTunes, but I don't remember. So my iPad is good to go. I would like the same thing to be true of my iPhone. I would like it to be that if I make a change on one device, it syncs over to the other - preferably over 3G or wifi, but iTunes will do if there is no other way.

The "helpful" lady at the Verizon store installed VZ contact transfer and it download some of my contacs. I need the rest, so I synced my iPad on iTunes, then synced my iPhone and thought I set it up correctly. But now I have near duplicates. Yep, near duplicates. I am not sure where VZ contact transfer got the data it used, but it want exactly what was on my iPad, close but not exact. I went through the iPad and cleaned up the contacts and synced it over iTunes, then synced my iPhone (again, I would like to do this without having to connect to a computer), but my iPhone apparently doesn't take the contact list from my iPad.

How can I get it to where if I make a contact change or add a new contact - or do similar things in the calendar on one device, it will automagically sync to the other device (again, preferably without needing to hook up to a computer)

Take care,
Rob

Lol about 5 minutes after I posted my question, I found the answer. Exchange! That did the trick.

Standby for more google questions though :)

Take care,
Rob

Supahrob said:
Lol about 5 minutes after I posted my question, I found the answer. Exchange! That did the trick.

Take care,
Rob

I am a google user almost completely. Went from an android to iPhone 4 and it took me several days to figure out using Exchange worked for syncing contacts. I have an iPad also and did not have the issue.

I joined this forum so I could find my answers quicker than several days.

Marian

Supahrob said:

Take care,
Rob

I am a google user almost completely. Went from an android to iPhone 4 and it took me several days to figure out using Exchange worked for syncing contacts. I have an iPad also and did not have the issue.

I joined this forum so I could find my answers quicker than several days.

Marian

Good to know that your questions get answers very fast :) I love the forum for that fact too. It's like it never sleep.