What's new

Adapting themes to work on 4g

iGaz

Reaction score
Ive downloaded a few battery themes from cydia including the one I had on my 3gs (3d gauge) but none of them work. Im assuming its the way the 4g file system works.

Is there a way to adapt them by changing the locations of the files using open ssh?

..they go into your /Libary/Your theme.theme/UIImages/ dir.

Edit* And you'll probably need to re-size them + add "@2x" to each of the files in order for them to show up on your iP4.

..they go into your /Libary/Your theme.theme/UIImages/ dir.

Edit* And you'll probably need to re-size them + add "@2x" to each of the files in order for them to show up on your iP4.

Yeah thats where I had them. They come up around 4 times smaller. Probably because the 4g has 4x as many pixels. So resizing them would make them look rubbish :(

or you can just wait till they make changes =]

Think I will. Suppose I can wait

Thanks guys

or you can just wait till they make changes =]

In order to add the @2x do you actually have to take the file and resize it making it 2x bigger than the other one? Or if you add the @2x and make a copy will that do it? Can you send directions on how to do this step by step? i have a dialer pad i want to use but its not for an iphone 4

Just add it to the end of every image file in the theme and it will work. It doesn't look perfect but it works...

Just add it to the end of every image file in the theme and it will work. It doesn't look perfect but it works...

I've kind of messed up the directory where those files go a little bit. I actually resized some of them and it worked. do you know where i can find a back up of just that directory? without having to restore the phone?
thanks for the answer

Keep a copy of the ones you've modified that worked then just reinstall the theme in cydia.