What's new

Icon Changing

dwhidden

Reaction score
I have recently learned where to find application icons, and figured out how to ssh into them, and edit them. The first one worked (I had downloaded a cydia theme to add icons for shutdown, reboot, etc, but wanted them to be inverted colors). Then, when I did the rest, even after I replaced the default icon.png files, the original icons persisted. Am I missing something? Is there a better way to do this? Thanks for any help!

I believe you need to replace them in the bundles folder. Did you replace them in that folder?

You should never modify the actual icons in the app directories. You should always create a custom theme and apply it with winterboard so that your icons get swapped instead of getting overwritten.

You should never modify the actual icons in the app directories. You should always create a custom theme and apply it with winterboard so that your icons get swapped instead of getting overwritten.

I guess I'm a noob when it comes to creating themes. Can you tell me the steps I need to take to create a theme?