What's new

themes not working on 5.1.1

reddragoncorvette

Reaction score
ok i have 2 problems. first i have installed the fallout pipboy 3000 theme from cydia and it didnt change a single icon. it did change the lockscreen and wallpaper. now in the past i had to ssh on 3.x but this iphone will not let me ssh over 90% of the time. if i keep trying it wil eventually let me but i need to know what to change to get the icons to change. please help me here. i have a iphone 3gs on 5.1.1

Seeing as how that theme was released in 2008 it is highly unlikely that it is compatible with 5.1.1, you would have to go through and manually rename all the icons in order for it to work. If you don't want to SSH you should use USB instead. You can access the phone's filesystem with USB file explorers such as iFunBox and iExplorer.

its not that i dont want to ssh. its just not working. everytime i open it it gives me an error that says invalid memory access. ill try the usb method. and what files do i have to rename? i dont mind doing that

ok ifunbox works perfect. i found the app folders and the themes folders. can someone point me to a walkthrough for 5.1.1 that explains what to rename exactly?

There are no walkthroughs, you just have to go through each app folder and figure out what the name and file structure is for the icon and then rebuild the theme

man that sucks. i have no idea wich icon to rename. theres like 5 in each folder and i dont want to screw it up

It's best to just use themes that are compatible with your current firmware version. If it was a 5.x theme and there were just one or two icons you would have to change, I would say go for it. But since it's a 3.x theme you have to change every single icon and it's just not worth it.

lol it may not be to you but im almost done doing it now. i only have a few left and then ill post it and give the link. can anyone tell me where to find newsstand in the software though? i cant find it anywhere.