What's new

Is it possible to have good 3GS themes? or all 4G?

janky

Reaction score
I'm just wondering..are there any really good themes for 3GS?

Most of the stuff I see in the stickies looks like it's for 4G only.
I jailbroke a 3GS the other day and messed around with a few themes, but couldn't find anything even half as cool as what's posted in the sticky thread.
It also only changed some of the icons, some others were unaffected completely. Probably had something to do with the fact I'm on OS 5.1.1

What do you guys think? Are there any really clean/sick/filthy/awesome/impressive/classy themes for the 3?
Any screen shots (if you have one) ?

For my 3G/3GS themes I downloaded ispirit. It's a free download. There is a themes section (some of them cost $) most of the themes say they are compatible with 4/s but I never had any problem running them on my 3GS. There are some pretty cool themes.

Also, in Cydia in the "Themes" section on the main page... there's an option for "Retina" and "Non-Retina" themes.

Can you post some screen shots of your 3GS themes?
Also, in Cydia I couldn't find anything decent. There were only about 20 themes, and nothing fancy.. I found a couple OK ones, but nothing mind-blowing. I really want some stuff like what is shown in the stickies. I wasn't too impressed by glowing icons (and only a few of them change, the rest stay normal).
Also, is it possible to get the weather and different clocks and stuff on the lock screen for the 3GS?

Thanks for the tips so far, maybe I just need to know where to look.
I am considering jail-breaking my new 3, but the only reason I jailbreak is to have custom themes.

There are several free theme sites out there and most of them have the themes separated into categories by which devices they are compatible with.