What's new

Activating an iPhone 4S with my friends sim temporarily

The only way Sprint or any other cellular company would unlock your phone would be for International use on a pre-paid SIM, they would not unlock it so you can use another US provider.

Guys how to make new topic thanks

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

So my iphone 4s wont work on any other at&t prepaid sim other than what they give????

Why cant I Throw the sim I get in phone and buy a prepaid AT&T sim....and use it to just get my phone working.....thats what it means by carrier locked....i.e use it only with at&t....and it doesnt mean I must sign a two year contract to get it working.....The only benefit of contract is you get your phone unlocked after 2 years.....which if you cant get officially when you use a prepaid sim..(ofcourse unlock will come soon...trusting pod2g)
iPhone 4S for 199+ 10(maybe) $ for getting it as an ipod without 2year contract.....

What I don't understand is why didn't you buy a FACTORY UNLOCKED 4s since Apple Store sells them without a carrier contract (just the factory unlocked phone) and you could use with any carrier in the world?