What's new

Activation server is temporarily unavailable

Borntobeoutdoors

Reaction score
I restored my iPhone 5 completely to start fresh. All seemed to go well. However when restarting after the restoration right after the “Hello” screen, it asks for the password. If the phone has beeen completely wiped I don’t think it should. But i put in the olde passcode and then it asks me to choose the WiFi network, which i do, it accepts it without asking fo the security key, Then is says it will take a few minutes to activate and finally i get the message “your phone could not be activated because the activation server is temporarily unavailable.” Etc. this happens no matter how many times I go through it, i’ve Been trying=g for a weeek. I also tried hooking to Itunees and it could not do anything. And I can’t do anything els, no way out,can’t get to settings o try a restore again, battery can’t seem to be recharged. Of course phone is out of warranty. I wanted to give this phone to someone.

Welcome to iPhone Forums!

It looks like your iPhone hasn’t been removed from your iCloud account completely. Login to www.icloud.com in a browser, go to Devices. If your iPhone is still there, select it and erase it. Then remove it from your account.
Maybe that will help with your problem.

Did you also remove the SIM card, or is it still in your device?