What's new

Accessing text message history online?

LordBalthazar

Reaction score
I have googled this in many different wording yet i can never find an answer. I need to access a text message I received from a friend about 6 months ago. I know I can just keep hitting the "load earlier" button. But the further back you go the longer it takes, and my friend has 3 different numbers she texts me from. So I was wondering if there was a way to access it on the cloud (I'm assuming that's where it's stored) or on Verizon's (my carrier) website. Or perhaps just have it sent to my email so I can search it that way
Thanks for any help given.

You might have to call Verizon up. I don't think they archive texts for over 3 months for user viewing. They might have them stored somewhere else if at all.

Well, I was able to "load earlier" back to around Oct 25th. By then the loading times were getting extremely long. Does anyone know where it's pulling the history from?

From your phone directly. You can try extracting the particular conversation with your friend and find the message sent using utilities like iFunBox or iExplorer.