What's new

About siri

iRich

Reaction score
Is Siri by any chancing coming to the iPhone 4 in the near future? Like no jailbreak or anything.

And one more question should I upgrade to the 4S? Still deciding because all I want is the Siri(including camera lol) and I don't think it's worth it to upgrade just for the Siri feature >_<.

We can only hope it comes to the 4 with a jailbreak, no official word on it yet. I'm pissed apple took away the Siri app, mine shut down today.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

iRich said:
Is Siri by any chancing coming to the iPhone 4 in the near future? Like no jailbreak or anything.

And one more question should I upgrade to the 4S? Still deciding because all I want is the Siri(including camera lol) and I don't think it's worth it to upgrade just for the Siri feature >_<.

Well that wait won't be long. Lets hope the dev fixes the issues.

Hello. New, Was just browsing, and I saw this. I'm an iOS software developer and I just wanted to add this:

I wanted to add that though Siri is a great tool for increasing productivity, and even just to play around with, I too, don't think it's a good idea to spend that much money on another iPhone for just 1 maybe 2 more features.

I use an iPhone 4, and just upgraded to iOS 5, 2 days ago, and noticed its a bit laggy sometimes, obviously as a result of the single, not dual core processor.

The Dev team did say Siri will be for models iPhone 4, but I'm guessing, since iOS 5 on an iPhone 4 has minor lags just running it, suggests that utilizing Siri will not be as efficient. Why? Verified by iFixit, iPhone 4S has 512MB of RAM which suggests programs on a dual-core chip run smoother cuz one side of the processor can compensate for the other side, and run such multitasking programs like Siri.

Sorry if that was too long, and was saying things that you already knew. Like I said, I'm new, and I don't know anyone in this forum. Hope this helped. :-/

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=33.462192,-111.990718
Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

I have an iPhone 4 with iOS 5, it runs very smooth, no lag at all. I've got it a couple of days ago and since than it hasn't lagged once.

iRich said:
I have an iPhone 4 with iOS 5, it runs very smooth, no lag at all. I've got it a couple of days ago and since than it hasn't lagged once.

Maybe it's just me. not only does iOS 5 use a gig of memory, but for some thing, for example, my photos, and the trash animation To delete phones, lag a bit, ran a lil diagnostic test on processor, and the memory usage does drop almost to 0, like it was being paused and resumes animation. But all this happens in a fraction of a second. But it could be also that I have only 10GB of free space on my iPhone. I'm gonna try restore and back up, as when I upgraded to iOS 5, there were several interruptions. Not good a all. Hopefully I will have improved results!

Sent from my iPhone 4 using iPF.net // Twitter: @xristinax

I also have a iPhone 4 and ever since I installed iOS 5 my phone flies now absolutely no lag and my games I have been playing for months are also a lot smoother. I do not know what apple did but my 4 is faster than it ever was, hands down and very noticeable.

dfran1 said:
I also have a iPhone 4 and ever since I installed iOS 5 my phone flies now absolutely no lag and my games I have been playing for months are also a lot smoother. I do not know what apple did but my 4 is faster than it ever was, hands down and very noticeable.

Well it's strange, I definitely am not experiencing any lag or slowing down of my processor when I play games, for example, Infinity Blade, or open any other Apps.

But I have only saw a decrease in functionality for photos, and texting - i'll send someone a reply to a text, and i feel like the keyboard is slower than my fingers at times, and sometime, but very rarely, I can almost type out a whole sentence before it displays.

Definitely need to do a restore, if No one else is having these slight, but annoying problems.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using iPF.net // Twitter: @xristinax

I just asked my friend also and we both say even texting is smoother and the phone is faster, we have been texting to each other all weekend long.
best of luck