What's new

About location faking

drosa

Reaction score
Hi guys! Best regards from Portugal!

I need your help here:

I have an eletric car and I usualy leave it for charging on a public charger, which is about 800 meters away from my house (the only one and way to charge around, because I don't have a garage).
I can use a card on the charger card reader or a mobile app to initiate the charging, but, usualy, it gets an error (at some point during the charging) and so it must be restarted. It's a charger issue, not the car.
The problem is, when it happens, I'm already at home.. So, I must leave and go there (sometimes under the rain) to restart the charging!

Now you ask: Why don't you use the app to restart it?
Actually, I can do that, but only at a distance of less then 50 meters away from the charger... Don't know why.

Tired of this, I realised I could use my old iPhone 5 with a sim card on it, leave it in the car and access it by VNC Viewer every time the charging gets an error, and, from my house or any place, be able to restart the charging, by controling remotely the phone.

Accessing it by VNC works well inside a wifi network, but I can't figure out how to do it when it's connected to it's cellular carrier (which must be the case, because there's no wifi networks around..). I searched and tried a lot, but, when on cellular only, I just can't find out how to know the appropriate IP address to access it (I only can get the public one. I searched and tried some tools on Cydia to show the private IP address, but with no success. They didn't worked on this iOS version..).
So, I gave up on this method..

(BTW, it's a jailbroken iPhone 5 iOS 10.3.4, running Veency, for VNC connection)

Then, I tryed other way: faking the location of my phone, so the charging app thinks it's under the 50 meters distance.
For this, I installed the LocationHandle, changed the phone location to nearby the charging machine and, actually, inside the charging app, it presents that specific location on the map. BUT, when I try to restart the charging, for some reason it still knows I'm 800 meters away..

So, I'm still with no solutions, and must going there (800m each way) every time it gets a charging error..

So:
Is there any tweak that can really fake the location, behond just showing it on the map, so the charging app thinks I am, in fact, on a given location?

Or:
Is there any way to remotely control an iPhone that's connected to it's cellular carrier?

I'd really appreciate any help on this!
Many thanks in advance!

Unfortunatly, I don't think somebody on this forum will help you if you are running a jailbroken iphone.
As I know, jailbroken isn't encourrage here.

Welcome to iPhone Forums!

We do support jailbreaking, depending on how members use it. If they try something illegal, we don’t help them.

I’m afraid there’s no way to control an iPhone remotely. There have been apps for jailbroken devices a few years ago, but they don’t work now.

There are no apps that can fake your location in the App Store, and afaik there are no tweaks.
Also, this can also be used for criminal intent, which we won’t support.

I do hope you’ll find another way for your charging problem. Good luck!

Hi guys

Thank you for the answers!

Actually, I don't use jailbreak, as i just did it to this old iPhone for VNC Viewer/ Veency connection, exclusively for this porpose.
I think there's no any crime here, not even any loss of any kind for anyone in my acts, on this my tryings to solve this problem.

Anyway, thanks again for the information!
Best.