What's new

9.3.5 IOS is Garbage for 4S

soafers1

Reaction score
Okay, so I'm a conspiracy theorist that 9.3.5 IOS was meant to destroy 4S to force people to upgrade.

A few months ago I got annoyed about the constant update messages so finally ran the update.

I don't use my Iphone like others do. I think in the 5 years I've had my phone I've been in the App Store once to download Facebook app and that's it.

Since *downgrading* to 9.3.5, my battery that use to work fine all the time mysteriously drains away even when it has been plugged in all day. It will go from 100% to 24% and when you check battery it will say use was 22min and stand-by was 5 hrs. Usually the only time of day I use it is to surf the Twitter web. But if I don't clear the cache out immediately after doing so, it will say Safari is using something like 93% of the power consumption.

I stopped background app, refresh, wifi, uninstalled the FB app, stopped mail from auto fetching. None of this works. Even when idle whether on the charger or not, the battery will *supposedly* drain.

I say *supposedly* because I suspect the battery is fine and something is causing the battery to show no power. For example, I just took my phone off the charger at 100%. 60 seconds later got the low battery symbol and had to plug it in since it isn't usable. It still has that symbol making the phone unusable.

I've had it. How do I get rid of 9.3.5? NONE of these problems showed up until I installed that update. The people at Apple should be ashamed of themselves to release known bugs. I think it was purposely done to force an upgrade. Joke's on them I won't be buying another Iphone.

Help please. Anybody else experiencing this. How do I de-install 9.3.5. I don't use Icloud stuff so I'm not real familiar with how all that works.

Okay, so I'm a conspiracy theorist that 9.3.5 IOS was meant to destroy 4S to force people to upgrade.

A few months ago I got annoyed about the constant update messages so finally ran the update.

I don't use my Iphone like others do. I think in the 5 years I've had my phone I've been in the App Store once to download Facebook app and that's it.

Since *downgrading* to 9.3.5, my battery that use to work fine all the time mysteriously drains away even when it has been plugged in all day. It will go from 100% to 24% and when you check battery it will say use was 22min and stand-by was 5 hrs. Usually the only time of day I use it is to surf the Twitter web. But if I don't clear the cache out immediately after doing so, it will say Safari is using something like 93% of the power consumption.

I stopped background app, refresh, wifi, uninstalled the FB app, stopped mail from auto fetching. None of this works. Even when idle whether on the charger or not, the battery will *supposedly* drain.

I say *supposedly* because I suspect the battery is fine and something is causing the battery to show no power. For example, I just took my phone off the charger at 100%. 60 seconds later got the low battery symbol and had to plug it in since it isn't usable. It still has that symbol making the phone unusable.

I've had it. How do I get rid of 9.3.5? NONE of these problems showed up until I installed that update. The people at Apple should be ashamed of themselves to release known bugs. I think it was purposely done to force an upgrade. Joke's on them I won't be buying another Iphone.

Help please. Anybody else experiencing this. How do I de-install 9.3.5. I don't use Icloud stuff so I'm not real familiar with how all that works.
Have you thought about taking your iphone to an Apple Store Genius Bar for a free diagnostic? I have an iPhone 4S which is also on iOS 9.3.5 and exhibits none of the problems you’re experiencing.
In regards to installing an older iOS version on your iPhone 4S, Apple is no longer signing any iOS version other than iOS 9.3.5 for the iPhone 4S. This means that the iOS version cannot be downgraded.

Most of the problems with the battery are not caused by the iOS, or the battery itself. It’s often the software not communicating with the hardware. If that’s the case, try a reboot/force starting the iPhone:

Press and hold Home and Power button until you see the Apple logo. As soon as it appears, let go of both. Your iPhone should power up on it’s own.

Maybe that will help with your problem.

When did you install iOS 9.3.5? If it was not long ago, give it some time to settle in. After about a week, the iPhone should have completed indexing, and your battery usage should be back to normal.

For the time you have had the phone how many charges have you gotten out of it? Meaning how many times did it get plugged into be charged? Those batteries in that phone if they have held up for 5 years with use everyday, is about incredible if you ask me!! That is a long time for most batteries to work and hold a good charge. What you are now seeing is the end of the charging cycles on that battery. It’s not the IOS. It’s the battery itself! It’s worn out. It’s done well if you’ve gotten 5yrs use out of it!! I know you say you don’t use it like others, but a 5yr old phone battery is pretty old and is most likely at the end of its life!! JMHO.