What's new

'74 Jailbreak-ACDC

MrBenchMark

Reaction score
I finally made the decision to go with the iPhone after a week of deliberation with the Droid X, and I have no regrets!

Now, I am deliberating on whether to jailbreak it. Currently it's running the new 4.2.8 Version, so I am not certain on what to do or what the procedure is. I have "Green Poison" website bookmarked

Greenpois0n.com

but I'm not certain if this is even valid now.

The main reason I want to jailbreak (aside from the extended App Store) is to be able to assign ringtones that I have made (30 seconds or less) to individuals and for them to be unique to a specific individual, and I've read where this can be accomplished (correct me if I'm wrong).

So, please help me out here, take me by the hand, and guide me through this...

and ahead of time, THANKS!

Last edited:
I don't believe that greenp0sion works with 4.2.8. But I might be wrong.

Welcome,

Snowbreeze is wha you need to jailbreak your verzion iPhone.

You don't need to jailbreak to assign ringtones to individual contacts. Unless you want those ringtones to be longer than 30 seconds? Choose the contact and press edit at the top right. You can then choose ringtone from the menu...

Welcome,

Snowbreeze is wha you need to jailbreak your verzion iPhone.

You don't need to jailbreak to assign ringtones to individual contacts. Unless you want those ringtones to be longer than 30 seconds? Choose the contact and press edit at the top right. You can then choose ringtone from the menu...

I apologize ahead of time, I should have been more specific. I want to assign ring tones that I have made to an individuals SMS tone that's specific to them as well. Don't think you can do that without jailbreaking...

In your original post you said ringtones, I assumed you were talking about call tones. You can assign any caller ringtone custom or not to any contact. You can also assign different SMS tones to your contacts but if you wish to use your own SMS tones then you do need to jaobreak.

In your original post you said ringtones, I assumed you were talking about call tones. You can assign any caller ringtone custom or not to any contact. You can also assign different SMS tones to your contacts but if you wish to use your own SMS tones then you do need to jaobreak.

Yes this is correct, and i just find it out. I was also thinking that jailbreak was needed to accomplish this, but no. Edit contact and change ringtone from default to another standard one or to a costomed one. Thanks for the info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for your reply and I do understand this, however I am still waiting on further and confirmed information on the process and the site in which to jailbreak my iPhone (version 4.2.8) and I haven't received any confirmed process as of now. Perhaps you can assist me...

I beileve redsnow will jailbreak your vezion iPhone. Just use the same process as explained in the guides in the hacking section. Just change 4.3.3 part to 4.2.8.

Here's the file you will need. I'm not sure it's included in the guides.

iPhone3,3_4.2.8_8E401_Restore.ipsw

If redsnow doesnt work I belive snowbreeze has also been updated to support 4.2.8...