What's new

6.1 recovery mode stuck

dasaco

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

This is my story. I was on 5.1.1 jailbreak, unlocked, everything was good. When 6.1 untethered Evasi0n jailbreak came out, I pressed settings on iphone and downloaded, installled 6.1 firmware. After this, it's stuck on recovery mode, then I tried to unstuck it with iReb, Rec Boot, TinyUmbrella, nothing happened. Then I used redsn0w to make a restore to 6.1 firmware, it was installed and after this it's still in recovery mode.

I tried redsn0w recovery fix. But for this I need DFU mode, so I plugged my iphone in, and the first stage of DFU mode is device should be TURNED OFF, but when I plug it in, it is TURNING ON AUTOMATICALLY (to the recovery screen), so I can't do this

If I will do iTunes restore, it will upgrade my baseband, that's why I used redsn0w, I'm afraid that my baseband will not be unlockable,

What should I do?

Thank you for your help

I'm using iPhone 4 16 GB GSM

To have the phone off when plugged in, simply plug the phone in, then turn it off. As for your other issues, hopefully somebody more practiced is more help. Good luck.

Thank you for replying

I fixed it by downloading iOs 6.0 ipsw and doing recovery mode fix in it. It fixed it, I don't know how this hapened, but it's unlocked, I didn't do nothing, nicely strange

That's the kicker. The instructions for 99% of the guides out there are incorrect or impractical. You don't need to turn your device off in order to go into DFU mode, you can do it when you're on your springboard or in your lockscreen. Just skip the turning off part and proceed to hold your power and home buttons for 10-11 seconds, then release your power button and continue to hold your home button until your computer recognizes the device. Your phone does not need to be turned off to do this.