What's new

5s and Siri

HunnieBunnie

Reaction score
I noticed my 5s sans SIM card is still getting email and text notifications. I suppose that is because it is working off of my WiFi. I cannot call out or receive calls on it of course. Will Siri work for GPS now that the SIM card is gone?

Thanks.

GPS will still work without a SIM card and Siri will still work as long as you have a WiFi connection.

Well, this is good. I do not want to take my 8 Plus around with me until the case arrives. My Amazon order arrived a couple of days ago, but they sent me the wrong case, so now I am waiting for the replacement. This has happened a few times recently with Amazon. It is frustrating and time consuming. I hope the right case arrives soon. Thanks, scifan57. :)

Well, this is good. I do not want to take my 8 Plus around with me until the case arrives. My Amazon order arrived a couple of days ago, but they sent me the wrong case, so now I am waiting for the replacement. This has happened a few times recently with Amazon. It is frustrating and time consuming. I hope the right case arrives soon. Thanks, scifan57. :)

Ask for penalty...

You’re welcome.

I do not know what that means, ro861. What exactly would I be asking them to do?

According to tracking, the case is supposed to arrive tomorrow. If it does, it will not be until quite late. My post seems to get later and later. I was getting post at and after 6, and a few days ago, I expected two packages. They did not arrive until 7:45 p.m. That is a disgrace. I cannot recall one incident in my youth and young adult adult years where I ever got packages that late. Everything is so automated now, but the automation has not helped. Everything seems to be worse with USPS.

Thanks.

Your order is like a contract between parts.
If one of them, doesn't act as it was establised, I think he deserve to pay penalties.
In your particularly case, I think you are in title to get some gifts, discount or similar.
My opinion...

I would have been happy if they had just expedited the replacement for the next day instead of making me wait to send it through USPS. I am not holding my breath in the expectation that it will arrive tomorrow, either. USPS is far too unreliable with packages. I would not be surprised if it does not arrive until after 6 p.m. on Monday. I did speak to Amazon about the delivery the day the wrong one was delivered, but the woman I spoke to said there was nothing to be done. I wonder if Best Buy sells this Luvvitt clear case for 8 Plus?? I do not shop in shops hardly at all anymore. The traffic, the crowds, etc., are too much. I would go to a store now if I really needed to see something in person in order to make a decision. I rely heavily on on-line photos, descriptions, and reviews in order to avoid going to shops.

[In my best Victor Meldrew voice] I don't be-lieeeeve-it!!!

The replacement case for my iphone 8 Plus just arrived, and guess what? You guessed it! They sent me the same wrong case for an iPhone 7!!! Now, I am back to square one! Un-be-leeeve-able!! o_O

Last edited:
Just remember, without a wifi connection you won't have things like Google Maps, you will need to download the maps for the areas you will be traveling. The GPS will work fine, you just need something for it to interact with.

I always just ask Siri to navigate to an address and listen to the instructions. The screen is so small, I really cannot discern much on maps or even texts anymore. Thanks.