What's new

4.3 OS personal hotspot?

soundzen

Reaction score
i updated my iphone 4 with the latest 4.3 OS and in a magazine this week, i read it nows allow to share a "personal hotspot" for other iDevices which only have wifi but no 3G.

so if i take my parents ipad1 away from a wifi router, i can use the iphone4 cellular 3G signal to surf the net on my ipad, is that correct?

anybody tried this before? how can i secure my iphone personal hotspot is secure for my ipad only and not let other people connect to it? my parents took some vacations and took their ipad so i cant try it right now.

im asking this in order to know if i can save money on the latest ipad 2 with only wi-fi... not the one with 3G which cost 100$ more!

You can do that with the iPad. I do it with the ipod touch in the car for my daughter. You can create a password so its fairly secure.

Most networks will charge a tethering allowance to use the hotspot feature but my network 3 in the UK has it for no extra charge...

OK, thanks guys - so thetering obliges me to pay an extra... by day? by hour spent? by bytes downloaded? must i contact my operator first to activate it or ist automaticly added to my monthly bill?

Tethering is an additional data allowance like your normal data one. You pay monthly for a certain amount of gigabytes...