What's new

Turning 3GS into a wifi hotspot with a Mobile wireless router?

Marin

Reaction score
I have an iPhone 3GS and wish to transmit access to my telcos 3g over wifi so I can use my iPad to access web pages.

I know that the 3GS does not allow the personal hotspot to operate over wifi (that is, it will only operate over USB or Bluetooth), however if I connect the iPhone to a mobile wireless router via USB can I then allow my iPad to access the wifi of the router to download content?

I know if I have an iPhone 4 this will allow me to transmit personal hotspot via wifi, but the 3GS does not offer this option.

Last edited:
I have an iPhone 3GS and wish to transmit access to my telcos 3g over wifi so I can use my iPad to access web pages.

I know that the 3GS does not allow the personal hotspot to operate over wifi (that is, it will only operate over USB or Bluetooth), however if I connect the iPhone to a mobile wireless router via USB can I then allow my iPad to access the wifi of the router to download content?

I know if I have an iPhone 4 this will allow me to transmit personal hotspot via wifi, but the 3GS does not offer this option.

NOTE my iPhone 3GS is not jail broken. Thank you in advance.
Hi, welcome to the forum! Here are a few helpful links. cv| iPhone tips | iPhone Tips & Tricks | What is jailbreaking? | Thinking of Jailbreaking but are not sure? | iPhone Unlocking Guide for BeginnersiPhoneForums.net Mobile App

iPhoneForums.net Forum Rules - Please Read and Respect our Rules

poisonivy……iPF STAFF.