What's new

350$ macbook pro for sale, Should I get it?

Grimreaper

Reaction score
Please moderators do not delete this thread, it is only a one time thing.

Ok So I know this is an Iphone forum, but I don't have time to make an account on a different mac website so I hope you will understand, this is just one time only.
Someone is selling a macbook pro 2012 retina display on craigslist. He said the lowest he would take is 350. It has 4gb of ram and 500gb storage.It is in good condition except for a two inch crack on the screen. It's just on the outside glass so it doesn't make the display bleed or anything, and he says you really can't notice it most of the time. He says he sat on his bag on the bus and the screen cracked. The rest of the computer looks good though. He's leaving for the military so he wants to sell it quickly. I know this isn't a scam because he's selling an old project car and a tv on craigslist to so he's not some scammer. He didn't use it a ton and nothing is really wrong with it other than the crack.
350$ seems like a really good deal to me, since he payed 1500 in 2012. Anyway, is this a good of deal as I think it is? Anything to be concerned with when buying a used computer?
Need quick responses, I would like to look at it tonight!!
thanks

*****UPDATE*****
It is not the retina model. It is from 2012 but he says it has a CD drive which means its not the retina, right? But is it still a really good deal anyway?

*****UPDATE*****
It is not the retina model. It is from 2012 but he says it has a CD drive which means its not the retina, right? But is it still a really good deal anyway?
Yes if it has a drive then it's not Retina, I'm in the UK so pricing is different, my MacBook Pro is a 2011 and cost £999 if that helps, i can tell you though they are brilliant machines.

ah yeah, still not a bad deal though.

*****UPDATE*****

My Pro back then would have cost 1589.78 dollars so yes that does sound like a good deal.

ANOTHER UPDATE-
I didn't go look at it yet because I couldn't get a ride
He gave me the serial number so I can check to make sure its the 2012 model but when I type it in it says invalid. He says he bought it overseas when he lived there for a year (I live in the US) so maybe thats why it says its invalid?
Also I just assumed it was a 2 inch crack because thats what it looked like in the pic but he says it starts at the bottom middle and kind of spiders up to the left.
He says the glass is still strong and doesn't bleed, so its not like I could poke the screen and the glass would flex. It also comes with microsoft office.
So anyone have any idea about the model number?
its
C02GX2PVDZ7L

thanks

As far as i know it shouldn't matter where he bought it, the serial number should come up, give Apple a ring and ask them to check it.

And whatever you do, don't give. The seller a cent unless you get a satisfactory report from Apple.

Is there anyway to tell if it is a 2012 model other than the serial number? I will look at it and see if maybe he read it to me wrong, otherwise I'm not sure why its not showing up.
But is there anything on the exterior or somthing that would make it a pre-retina 2012 model pro?

i'm not too sure what if any exterior changes where made after i bought mine, you could google for a versus comparison, you will get a side by side look then, also as i said earlier give Apple a ring, they will give you any help they can.