What's new

white macbook doubts

soundzen

Reaction score
i have a mac mini with core 2 duo, 2gb ram and a graphic nvidia geforce 9400 @ 256mb where i have autocad for mac, running good and fast.

when i will swap my desktop computer for a mobile macbook, i will opt for the basic white one, instead of paying more for a macbook pro with similar graphic nvidia geforce 320M @ 256mb

im keen on the white one because of the keyboard where i can see my letters since with the black keys and retro-light i cant see the letters so well and must break my typing concentration to make sure i type the right letter.

plus, white costs less 200$ which could pay for a licence of windows office for mac, since i need both autocad & office to work at home and share files with my windows XP computer at work.

my questions are:

- will the white macbook disappear by 2012 ?
- will apple keep a laptop under 1.000$ ?
- will all laptops have black keyboard ?

:keyboard:

of course i rather have the flagship mac pro 17" i7 chip and 512mb nvidia but i couldnt pay over 2,000$ for a laptop :(

of course i rather have the flagship mac pro 17" i7 chip and 512mb nvidia but i couldnt pay over 2,000$ for a laptop :(

and that's 2000 reasons why I don't have a macbook..:D

When looking at Apple products like the Macbook and such, ALWAYS look at their refurb store first. The items are top notch. And I will say from experience, it may be more of an upfront price, but you absolutely will not have a reason to switch computers as fast after getting one. I have a Macbook Pro. Been using it for more than a year and a half with absolutely no desire to change. Before that, I was switching laptops at least once a year. This one is a total different quality.

thanks for tip although in portugal we dont have refurbish items nor we have a physical store with genius ar, staff input or all the apple products to touch and try out! BUAAAAAA snif snif :(

17" is a brick that may as well be used if you dont plan to travel much and if you dont travel much then you may as well get a desktop.. its a brick and a pain to carry btu the screen size is perfect,, i got the 13" ant multi tasking can be annoying but its perfect for travel, so i chose travel over size

well im going to wait last quarter of 2011 to see the prototypes and read the rumors of the future macbooks pro and decide by the new year if i buy a actual MBP or the new ones IF THE PRICE IS RIGHT! as for now i dont need a laptop right away nor do i have enough money after buying in january the ipod, iphone and ipad!

the new macbook pros look pretty good but i bought mine recently plus the 13" battery life is gone from 10 hours to 7... but its core i5 and i7 and they are only going to get better, im waiting until 2013 summer to buy another..late summer.. by then the macbook pros will come with 8GB minimum ram i bet and much better specs. and of course with lionOSX ;p