What's new

First world problems

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Most of this week has had me, along with many others, deciding which iPhone7 I will buy. I settled on the Jet Black iPhone7 Plus 256Gb, and who wouldn't, if money were no object?

Unfortunately, I also settled on a Mac Mini a few months ago, in readiness for the day when my Vista beast finally curls up its toes. And why not? It's a great piece of equipment, and will slot nicely into my music system, and run all of the software I need.

Now, a little voice is whispering in my ear. What's wrong with your iPhone 5s? Did you not just update it to the latest operating system? Does it not do exactly what you require of a phone? Why do you need to replace it with another one? And if you buy a new phone can you afford to also buy a Mac Mini?

OK. So I don't need a new phone. I can throw the money at the Mac Mini instead.

And the voice starts whispering again. And why do you need another computer? Has the Vista beast died yet? What's in that bag? Oh, yeah, a MacBookPro. So what will a Mini do that a MacBookPro won't do?

Well, I counter, I won't have to pull the MacBook out of its bag every time I come home and go to the trouble of plugging it in.

Really? So it's worth buying a new computer to save you the trouble of pulling a laptop out of its bag? Oh, you little princess. Why don't you take an assistant into the bathroom with you? You clearly don't have much energy!

I think most of us go through the "I don't really need it" thing, I have got to that time in my life when I don't have to "need" something to buy it, I can indulge myself and I do. I went through the make do and mend thing when I was younger.

Don't feel guilty...Just enjoy.

Don't know if the title of this thread fits but, my GF is the same as Poisonivy , l to had a hard life early on.
But l seem to be stuck back there.
Strange, don't get me wrong if someone needs help, l help.
But l have an iPhone 5s and a iPhone 4s and an iPhone 3GS the 5s suits me dandy ooh for now. If l should bust it or something. Then who knows.

I do have one passion 8 pairs of Asics trainers.

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.