What's new

3200 error code

Yes, I got the same error. I am starting over and will see what happens! It takes almost an hour just to do the back up.

I decided to try my iPad first and got this as well. I deleted the .IPSW file and tried again to know avail. I'm going to try the iPod now and see if that will go. I'd like to get it working on one other device before doing my iPhone..

If you are on VZW and get the 3200 error on your iPhone, odds are it is an overloaded auth server.

Yes same error, its now a brick. Tried the restore 6 times and no go. Thanks Apple for a very expensive paper weight!

I'm getting it too. I have reinstalled iTunes, rebooted computer, rebooted iPhone, and continue to get this error message. Getting ticked off. Anyone know how to resolve this?

If you are on VZW and get the 3200 error on your iPhone, odds are it is an overloaded auth server.

Overloaded auth server as in, keep trying and you might get through kind of a thing?

Overloaded auth server as in, keep trying and you might get through kind of a thing?

Unfortunately, yes. That is what two of my friends had to do to get past it. They are on VZW.

where is it documented that it is a server overload? Whats gonna happen tonight after we all get off work and tring to update. Surely Apple has planned for this.

Right up until an hour ago, I would have agreed with that statement. Now, not so much.

I rebooted my PC and iPad and it's going this time. Might be worth giving it a shot.

Called apple and they said error code #3200 indicates that servers are at limit. Try the download later or on Thurday.

Oh so this affects non-VZW customers as well. That inhales profusely.